Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

car is still acting up

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
My87Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car is still acting up

i put the new cap and rotor on and tho im sure it needed it, that didnt do the trick. its been rainging on and off too so i have got to test the car in the dry and wet. my mechanic at the dealership said it may be my mass air flow meter cuz my car will sometimes float in rpms looking for an idle or it will surge real hard and miss bad in a gear. he used to work on euro cars and he has a trouble shooting book hes gonna bring in to help narrow it down befor i go out and buy more parts but what do you guys think??

Thanks
Eric
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he thinks that did he offer to switch with a known good AFM, or do you have any friends with a carrera you can switch with to check?
is that a wrench at a dealership?
there ain't nothing in a carrera that you can't fix yourself or send out to get fixed for cheap. sort of. well, maybe not sometimes.
you should reelly get the bently manual. If your dad's mechanic at the dealership is the same guy looking at your car I'd be suprised if he knew all he needed to know to fix your car in a timely manner.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
realtime
Instructor

check the coil wire where it goes into the coil. Mine was corroded and gave me problems esp. when it was damp. The corrosion was obvious.

Other ideas:
O2 sensor, DME relay (depending on your MY car)

good luck
dan
Old 08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
My87Targa
Racer

my O2 sensor isnt hooked up, i was gonna buy one of them too, my wires got cut a while back. as for where it hooks to the coil ill check it out.

the machanic works with me at my dealership, im in sales and hes in service. he used to work on euro cars a while back. i have a ton of manuels and books and the whole set of porsche service reference manuels at home, its just hard to read them when im stuck at work so i figure i ask you guys lol. thanks for all the help and ill keep you guys updated

Quick Reply: car is still acting up