Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashes, dashes, dashes....

Well, actually just 2 of them.
I have a couple of dashes that I don't have need for anymore. 1 is black leather (with a 1" tear near the drivers' side defrost vent ) and the other was originally leather covered (cork), but it has been stripped.
I was thinking about taking them to JustDashes for a restoration and then selling htem, but their latest price has me seriously reconsidering.
I was quoted $650 (EACH!!!) for restoring them back to original black vinyl (as most know, all 911 dashes are originally manufactured in vinyl, then if a car is to have a leather interior the vinyl dash was basically upholstered in the appropriate leather), and get this... $1,300 for restoring to vinyl and then recovering in leather (factory colors are supposedly an option).
This makes for a tough decision about shelling out the $$ for the 'restoration then sell' approach.
Especially when I couldn't be guaranteed to break even.
Anyway, I have these 2 dashes just hanging out in my garage if anyone is interested. I'm not going to put them in the classifieds section (or on eBay) if someone here needs one within the next month or so (cleaning out the garage is not real high on my priority list!0.
So, if someone is interested please PM me or send an email to
<dan_cobb@pacbell.net>
Regards,
+++

Quick Reply: Dashes, dashes, dashes....