Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Spring Plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Spring Plates

I have a '75 911S. I recently upgraded to SC flares and went from 15x6 to 16x7/16x8 wheels. I had lowered the car with no problems with the old rims, but needed to raise it up some with the new rims/tires. This time, I can't seem to get it right. It is either a little too low or a little too high. Plus, I can't get it even side to side. I am thinking about going to adjustable spring plates. Questions:

How much adjustability (range) do the factory plates that came on later cars have?

Will they fit on my car with no mods?

Are they available new from Porsche? How much?

Does anyone have experience with the Weltmeister adjustable spring plates for a street/DE car? (Not sure they would be worth the money since once I get the suspension height set and corner balancing done, I won't change it.....until I put the 3.6l in that is!!)

Thanks for any info/experience you share!!
Old 03-20-2002, 12:58 PM
pbs911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The facotry spring plates have 3/4" adjustment at the most. The Sway-Away / Wletmeister adjustable plates have about 3". I have used both on my 78SC, but got such a good deal on the Sway_Aways I removed the factory. Either one will fit your car. The Facotry plates would cost $$$. If you want I will sell you the swing plates off my 78SC, but you will have to put new rubber bushings on. I have them listed on PP.
<a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62914" target="_blank">http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62914</a>

Quick Reply: Spring Plates