Fuse numbers '76 911

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:25 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse numbers '76 911

Really sorry to have to ask, but in my defense, my owner's manual, the info on the inside of the fuse cover and other sources seem to disagree on how the fuses are numbered on my car. Talking the front fuse box here.

I have to admit I have never really mastered this, probably because you need to know it once every...5 years.

I THINK it goes 1-2-3 1-2-3...16 or something, from the top.

I need to know how to identify fuse number S 14 so I can hook up my power mirror harness.

TIA for any help.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Dave: It is confusing, do what I do - forget all the 3-place box, 10-place box, 8-place..., etc. Just count 14 fuses from the dashboard toward the battery. #14 will be your fuse (it's the same as the sunroof (if your car has one). Attach the wire to the cold side (usually the bottom) with the fuse removed. Sounds like your project is on its way - good luck with it!
Pete
Old 04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much Pete,

Yes, after some down time due to waiting for parts, hurting my tailbone in a fall, and feeling rotten due to other health problems, that is all behind me and I am almost there. Today I am putting the guts back in the passenger door, then finishing off the mirrors. Should be driving it end of day tomorrow.

I must thank you for the answers you provided regarding the mirror wiring. It was most helpful. what I have learned since is almost all the info you need to retrofit a RH power mirror is in the manual. The only thing I am still not sure of is which wire you connect the defrost cricuit to at the defrost dash switch. From what I can feel, there are three wires: One by itself at about 6 o'clock when viewed from the cabin, and two stacked on top of each other at the top of the switch (12 o'clock). I kinda think either of the 12 o'clock wires will do.

Again, thanks for your greatly appreciated help.

Quick Reply: Fuse numbers '76 911