Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Any dealings with Technical Dimensions in Jacksonville, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:12 AM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any dealings with Technical Dimensions in Jacksonville, Florida

Here we go....one more time. Has anyone had any dealings with Technical Dimensions in Jacksonville, Florida? I have been emailing back and forth with a Seth Agnew?
He has a 86 911 that was left at his shop for work and never picked up. He now owns the car. He says he has done the following work on the car (copied and pasted from his email):

This 911 came in beginning of last summer with bad engine oil leaks and broken head studs and was missing on a few cylinders. The customer authorized roughly $9500 worth of work to the car. I pulled the engine, disassembled down to the cyls. Installed updated 993 head studs, new rings, fresh valve job with guides, solid oil return tubes, updated head nuts/washers (yellow passivated type), powdercoated all sheet metal matte black, powdercoated fan and housing silver. Many new hoses, case breather gasket, oil cooler seals, oil therm. o-ring, flywheel new, new Sachs oe clutch assy w/ sport disc, rb guide, new throttle link /springs, new clutch release arm, new plug wires, cap rotor, all new bosch injectors ($600 worth), 2 new speed and reference sensors, temp sensor two, intake insulators, cam chain tensioner oil lines, flushed the fuel tank, new fuel line, transmission service with mobil 1 syth gear lube, new cv boots, new interstate battery, all new yellow chromate hardware. The engine is in great shape, has been cleaned up and there are currently NO signs of any case leaks (did NOT split the case and do bearings).
Basically it has a new top end with rings and all the updates. The chasis and bottom end have around 138,000 miles. The body is in pretty good shape, some dings and scratches which have been touched up. Has euro front light assy's, euro rear tail lights, fuchs 6 and 7x16 inch wheels. Has whale tail and front spoiler which all optional. interior is nice (no cracks in the dash, seats are ok though dry and drivers side bolster has some cracking, carpet is decent. There is a tear in the headliner. Sunroof opens though sounds a bit rough.) Will need stereo, new tires, ac work. (i may at least convert the system to 134A and see if it will cool).
It DOES look good (the picture was a crappy one in the trader- i can send you better ones) and is mechanically sound. Susspension is a little weak as it is an older car but certainly good enough for the time being. The reason i am selling it is that the customer in August last when the car was done wouldn't return my calls/pick up the car and pay his bill that he authorized. Sent letters, called more times than i can count and FINALLY, 8 months later i had to get a lien on the car. So it has a clean title and i am selling it as i already own an 86 911, 2 944's a 944 turbo and a sport motorcycle. No rust as far as i can tell and no serious body damage. Prepurchase is no prob although if you want to view the car on the lift and have me do a compression test in front of you, no problem there either.

He also says it needs tires, but I can get them at cost from Tire Rack wholesale.

Need your thoughts
Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: Any dealings with Technical Dimensions in Jacksonville, Florida