Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Interior restoration costs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:42 AM
ramp7tab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior restoration costs

What would one expect to spend to restore an interior on a 911? Dash "leather", seats, carpeting, head liner.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The parts themselves are not that expensive but finding someone that has the experience to replace a headliner, for example, is. You can check Peilcan Parts online catalog to give you an idea of how much the parts would costs. BTW, the windshield has to come out to replace the dash. Many times, the original windshield cracks on reinstallation since the glass becomes more brittle with age, so be careful.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ramp... do you want everything back to factory origional or just something that looks clean? If you go with RS door panels, take out the rear seats and use an RS carpet set, you will same some real money.

Also, what year is the car? if it is a later model, you may be able to buy a complete interior out of a parted out car. There are definately Carraras out there with great interiors that got rear-ended and totaled. If the interior is a common color such as black this will be easier.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:10 PM
glenncof
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a dash cover intsalled over the 1985 dash that was severly cracked by the sun. $217 parts&labor. It was dark brown and the upolstery shop matched in perfectly.

When installing they popped the windshield and found the gasket was shot. It was reset for $199. The car was 10 years old at the time.

They are did a new conveterable top and recoved lower driver seat for $2058 in N.California.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of doing much of this myself right now.
I'll post some pictures as time permits. Here are my costs...so far.

New headliner on eBay - $45
Recovered leather dash on ebay - $340
Vinyl material (to recover the rear deck) from a local upholstery shop - $7
Spray glue and foam (same shop) - $14
Rear pop-out windows on ebay - $60
Powder coating rear window frames/latches (& tail grill inserts) at local shop - $200
Replacement window gasket for right rear 1/4 window on eBay - $24
Replacement front and rear windshield gaskets on ebay - $65 (for both)
Misc. stainless hardware and metric tap from local hardware store - $20
New sunroof cables, rails and the little clips from local Porsche shop (upgraded all parts to 964 style) - $280
These are all of the hard cash items so far.
I have done all of the work myself, and it will likely take another 2 weeks to get it finished without professional help on the sunroof and headliner (I have no time).
I can get the new dash buttoned down, the sunroof repaired and the headliner installed for $200.
I will still need to pay to replace the front & rear glass (I'll do the 1/4 windows myself)

Grand total (so far) in case you haven't been adding things up as you read along....$1,055.
The good news is that when it is done, I'll have a functioning sunroof again, with opening rear 1/4 windows, a new black headliner, a new black leather dash, a smooth rear deck (with new speaker grills, so add another $20!), & a color matched guage pod.
Not to mention the fun and experience of having my car ripped apart in a pile of parts throughout the garage and house.
Now that I think about it, I'll probably just spend the $$ and have it finished by a pro. I would hate to end up with a headliner that looked like a saggy pair of gym shorts.
So figure $1,275 plus a glass guy. BTW, this didn't even touch the seats, carpet, door panels, center console, or repair the VDO clock that suddenly stopped working.
+++

Quick Reply: Interior restoration costs