Deleted topic....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Deleted topic....

There was a recent post from a member named Loren regarding some results on different performance chips, now it appears to be gone.
My second post in the thread was in haste. Upon further thought (perhaps just SOME thought!) I realized that indeed his response to my initial question regarding his test matrix included irrelevent variables/factors.
In my haste I forgot/failed to realize that his test was not intended to compare performance attributes (HP, torque, etc.) of these various chips (which would no doubt be controlled/influenced by several factors NOT included in the matrix), but to compare DIFFERENCES in programming essentials between a few popular chips (and a stock chip) with a stock engine setup.

Given this as the objective of his test, I erred on the side of smartass/techie nerd in my reply.

I figured that since I doused him in public, I would apologize there as well, but the thread has since disappeared.

Loren, if you read this, please accept my apology while I insert keyboard in mouth.

Regards
Dan
+++
Old 04-05-2005, 02:33 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

That's good of you Dan.

I hope relatively mild threads will not be deleted just because the initiator has a controversial history. That would prevent people from reforming themselves by sticking to technical issues and leaving personalities aside. I'm sorry the thread was deleted, I thought it was a valid technical disagreement.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks guys for the support! No apologies needed.

I can understand about some of the responding posts, since I should have been
clearer in my discussion about how I gathered the data. Also, I should have explained
better that the overall goal was to provide all Porsche owners with more info about
their cars, which is what Rennlist is all about. As with any data presented on Rennlist,
members are free to ignore it. Though, the more info we all have about our cars, the
better is the Porsche community.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"I'm sorry the thread was deleted, I thought it was a valid technical disagreement." - randywebb -

For those interested, the data are here www.systemsc.com/tests.htm .

Quick Reply: Deleted topic....