Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

All Colorado racers....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 12:11 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Post All Colorado racers....

To all Colorado racers (or out of staters who want to come to Colorado), I am putting together a day of racing on shifter karts. It will be a free day or racing the closest thing to Kart and Formula 1 that most people will get. If you have any interest in coming to the day email me and I will send you the details. There will be numerous karts for you to try out and drinks and food. The track will be outside of Denver on a 1 mile paved track with plenty of turns.
If you have never thought about go karts, let me tell you, you will rarely get the chance to push a car the way you can push these karts. The karts are capable of going 105mph within the 1/4 straight and pull 3 G's through a couple of the turns on this track. This is a great chance to get out and try the sport for nothing. A rarely opportunity.
I am trying to get an idea of how many people are interested. I am going to be at the Feb. RMPC Meeting if you want to ask any questions.
Hope to see you there....
Old 02-04-2003, 02:27 PM
ploglet
Pro

Well it looks like we have a date of APRIL 13th at 11am at IMI Motorsports. There is going to be plenty of karts and fun for the people who decide to come out. We are going to have a few trailers out there with awnings and drinks. We are asking people to park at the South side of the parking lot, this is closest to the stands.

Directions are as follows:
If you are coming from the SOUTH on I-25 you would like to get off at the LaFayette exit. Take a right at the light, after about 50 yards you want to take a left and get onto the Frontage road on the EAST side of I-25. You will stay on this road for approxiamtely 3 miles until you get to a large amount of construction (they are rebuilding the bridge over I-25). At the 3 way stop sign you want to go RIGHT and head EAST. This is a DIRT road so if you drive the Porsche take it slowly. After about 1.5 miles on the dirt road you will come over a slight rise and see the tracks. You want to go around to the East side of the building. Circle around the building and park at the SOUTH part of the parking lot.

If you are coming from the NORTH, you want to get off at the Dacon exit. At the light you want to go LEFT and head OVER I-25. At the second stoplight you want to go RIGHT and head onto the Frontage road on the EAST side of I-25. You are going to be heading South at this point. You want to stay on this road for about 4 miles. You will go PAST the speedway. At the construction area you want to go LEFT at the 3 way stop signs. This is now taking you EAST onto the DIRT road. Take it easy down this road. After about 1.5 miles on the dirt road you will come over a slight rise and see the tracks. You want to go around to the East side of the building. Circle around the building and park at the SOUTH part of the parking lot.

If you have any specific questions feel free to email me. I have got a small list going of people who are planning on coming out. I would like to get a list going so I know who to expect so everyone gets a good go around on the karts.
Here is a link to the IMI Motorsports site, <a href="http://fly.to/imiracing" target="_blank">http://fly.to/imiracing</a> ,
Hope to see you all there!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:05 PM
ploglet
Pro

The weather is getting warmer these dyas and the free demo kart day is getting closer. But there is one hitch. The race schedule came out and there is a race being held on teh 13th so it now looks as though he April 13th free kart demo day that we were planning for the Porsche members will have to be pushed out to the Saturday of the 19th due to a conflict with the race schedule.
The format and location of the free kart demo day is still going to be the same with the date being the only item that has been changed. Sorry for any inconvenience that this
may cause. Please feel free to contact me if you have specific questions on the karting day.
Thank you,
ploglet@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: All Colorado racers....