rear 1/4 window conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear 1/4 window conversion

Well, I'm knee deep into this conversion now and thought I'd post something about my progress.
Back-dating to opening 1/4 windows on an 84 is a bit different than simply installing them in a pre-77 that didn't come with them.

I have so far discovered:
-Glass is NOT the same, although they appear to be while in their respective frames.
-The holes in the lower trim molding are not the same as on the earlier units. Close, but not identical. (There is also 1 more hole on the older trim, in the door jamb area.)
-The holes on the backside of the B-pillar are present, but not tapped/threaded.
-The holes for the interior latch are also there, but no backing plate or threads are present.

I have nearly completed the installation of the driver's window. I will document the procedure and possibly even post a few pics when I do the other side.
+++
Old 03-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Mark Wilson
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan,
I look forward to more info on this. I have a set of swing out windows that I plan to install this year and haven't found much on the conversion.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Dan Cobb
The Ancient One
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm putting together a list of the parts and the process, but it is pretty low on my list of priorities right now.
I promise to post it when it is completed though.
+++

Quick Reply: rear 1/4 window conversion