Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

So Cal shop for turning front rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005 | 06:13 PM
Bob Prosser
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default So Cal shop for turning front rotors?

Hey all.

Re my G50 3.2 Carrera daily driver: OE front rotors have a little pulse. I miked them and found they have plenty of meat left (.927" or 23.5 mm). Minimum I believe is 22 mm.

Next weekend I am going to put new Metal Master pads all way around. I also have to replace one of the lug nut studs, so I was going to pull a rotor. Might just pull them both and have them turned. Wondering if you know anyone in Southern California that does a expert job turning Porsche rotors. Or is this so basic, that any machine shop can do it without a problem?

Thanks!!
Old 03-14-2005 | 09:36 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

they will be at or barely above the the limit after you turn them, first time they get nice and hot, (with a breakfast run through Ortega Hwy. is all it would take) they will warp again, I would reccomend you replace them properly, with a set of sloted or drilled rotors, I'm partial to Pagids or Mintex pads, I wouldn't turn rotors on a honda!
Old 03-15-2005 | 11:10 AM
Bob Prosser
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your thoughts, but it's kinda hard to take advice from a guy that brags he drinks milk. LOL Yeah, good old Ortega ... I remember a time we could bomb that in the early '70s when it was empty and the CHP looked the other way. Used to take it on the way to the Riverside County race tracks, like the Elsinore Grand Prix, and didn't like taking 395. Man, that's ancient history now. Later.

Quick Reply: So Cal shop for turning front rotors?