Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Has anyone mounted Sparco seats in an old 911?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Has anyone mounted Sparco seats in an old 911?

To be precise, I got a set of Torinos that I'd like to install in a 73.5 T.

I am very perplexed by the lack of precise info when it comes to which mounts are required to accomplish this... Even Sparco dealers out there are scratching their heads or offering to sell me something they know won't work.. It's a bottom mount seat if this helps...

Anybody ?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought Sparco had sliders, and brackets for those cars....Hmmmm.

Last one I did was in an '83, and we got sliders/brackets for it. Have you contacted Sparco's Tech hotline?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:49 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I put Sparcos in my 70S when it was my track car. The problem I had was that the seat rails are very far apart compared with the later cars (such as an SC). My car has the factory Recaros, but I expect they are all comparable.

If you are using under-seat sliders (which I would only recommend if it is a street car only), you probably need some sort of cross member. I actually used a piece of 3/8th inch aluminum plate that covered all four bolt holes and mounted the seat brackets to that.... a bit of overkill perhaps, but on a track-car I wanted to make sure the bolts at all four corners were contributing....

If you are fixed mounts, something like the Brey-Krouse side brackets might fit if you turn both of them with the bottom bracket facing out.... but you need to measure with your particular seat.

Quick Reply: Has anyone mounted Sparco seats in an old 911?