Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Ordered the Fabspeed Pre-Muffler today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shield I'm referring to is below the cat, not between the cat and the engine. It was held on by brackets fastened to the cat pipe, which were affixed with the muffler to cat & cat to manifold bolts.

I know Joe had a bad lot of pipes at one point, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience (certainly not trying to rub it in). I figured since this was a new unit, I'd post about it as honestly as I could, is all. It's been my online experience that folks tend to be very quick to post negative comments about a vendor or product, but few people take the time to post the positive things.

In my case, I'm pretty happy so far - the pipe shipped the same day I ordered it, arrived at my door quickly (Thursday order - Monday arrival IIRC), the part looked like a very nice quality piece at a good price, installed fairly easily (I took my time, about 3 hours start to finish, since I really haven't been under a 911 other than my first oil change, and you have to be a contortionist to get at some of the bolts, it seems; I think perhaps they weren't stock, as they were 1/2" hex, not metric). Now for the good part - seeing the benefit.

On the downside, it does seem like this morning's drive found more idle hunting / surging. Not more as far as rpm jump, but more frequently, at nearly every stoplight. I don't know if I will need to adjust the idle or what.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84_Carrera
The shield I'm referring to is below the cat, not between the cat and the engine..... .
You don't need it...the cat would have gotten much hotter than the premuffler will. From what I understand, it was to prevent starting 'grass fires', etc. when parking after getting her up to temp....

Keith

Quick Reply: Ordered the Fabspeed Pre-Muffler today...