Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Victory Motor Cars in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005 | 08:50 AM
Dave in Clarkston
Intermediate

Default Victory Motor Cars in Houston

I have reviewed this dealers web site and their cars appear to be very nice but priced on the high side. I guess this is ok if their cars represent themselves well in person.

Anyone here purchased from them or been to their faciltiy to look at their inventory? I am in Michigan and really would like to get some added first hand information prior to jumping on a plane. I am searching for an 87-89 coupe.

Thanks for any feed back supplied.
Old 03-10-2005 | 10:36 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

A recent thread on Victory can be found here: Victory Thread

Ian
Old 03-10-2005 | 01:53 PM
nkgosselin
Rennlist Member

How about this one, Devek has a very good rep. It is an 87. Good color too.

www.r-techservices.com/devek/bruce
Old 03-10-2005 | 06:26 PM
Dave in Clarkston
Intermediate

Default Thanks to all...

As I thought, some good some not so good comments. As with any used car that can be rather expensive to service a PPI is a must. Still may be worth a trip to Houston if I don't locate a local car.
Old 03-10-2005 | 07:12 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

what turned me off about victory was the reselling of cars from ebay, not that they were bad cars, just that it was plain as day that he/they buy cars for 15 and sell for 18 or more. I think he does what most of us want to do. You can pick one of his cars and do some searching a find out who the owner was what he sold it to him for, get the guys number, call and ask about it. If you're in the right spot at the right time, you buy the car before Robert does and save yourself some money. BUT no one likes ebay for cars? No one likes the unknown. I believe if you're going to buy from a dealer you might as well buy from the best dealers. After all, you're paying dealer prices, you might as well get a locator that can get the exact car you want with out all the hassles.
I'm sure someone in Houston would go look at a car for you if you asked
plenty of Houston people on the 993 board, also pelican
Old 03-10-2005 | 07:31 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Personally I don’t think there is anything wrong with a little capitalism. They have the resources buy hold and market these cars that individuals don’t. There is no substitute for your own due diligence, so a PPI is a must. They have some nice inventory, I’ve not seen the prices but I would expect they need to make a few k on their cars so you’re going to pay up to find so many in one place.
Old 03-10-2005 | 11:23 PM
ironlung
Cruisin'

I live in houston and have been by his facility about once a month for the last six. I have been looking for a late 80's 911. He does a fine job of detailing the cars and they present at thier best. The point was made that he buys ebay cars and then increases the price by 3 to 4k. Thats capitalism. I am trying to beat him to a car currently and asked the PO to give me a chance to complete imspection before turning to victory. I'll let you know how it goes. Robert has told me on different occasions of money he puts into the car upon reciept so his profit margin may be smaller and the cars may be better than originally found on ebay. If you do a PPI for a car from him I would suggest a different shop than the one he uses. European Autoworks is the name. I would suggest Swiss something or other, forget the complete name. A longtime PCA guy gave me thier name and they seem competent in his view.
Old 03-11-2005 | 10:52 AM
SolsburyHill
Instructor

Dave,

When I was searching for my 911, I looked at a few from Victory. You will find good & bad comments from any dealership. I felt comfortable dealing with Robert during my search.

He does seem to "flip" a fair amount of cars through ebay, but I also know that he does recondition alot of them as well. For instance, one of the cars that I was interested in was one that he had bought a couple months earlier from a private individual off ebay. When I found the earlier ebay listing it was apparent that he had dropped a few dollars into the restore (ie new wheels and tires, redyed seats & dash black from original burgandy). He was very honest about what he had done when I asked about it. Your gonna pay a few extra dollars buying from him, but that is to be expected from any dealership.

Just do your homework like everyone else has mentioned and get a PPI no matter who you buy from. If (when) I'm in the market for another Porsche, I will surely check out what Victory has in inventory.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Victory Motor Cars in Houston