2 extra front seats? The larger companies like Intercity wont take the spare
parts unless they are in the car.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Curt911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why Dave(Intercity Lines) would not do it
(did you actually PM him or call?), but Passport Transport will... www.passport.fedex.com

need more help just PM me!

BTW, can ya make the Fun Run I'm trying to get set up?
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/189493-w-c-florida-fun-run-in-the-werks.html
Old 03-08-2005, 02:24 AM
75-911Targa
1st Gear

I just transported my '75 911 from California to Seattle with a covered transport company called A-1 Auto Transport. You may want to try them. www.a1autotransport.com
Old 03-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by 75-911Targa
I just transported my '75 911 from California to Seattle with a covered transport company called A-1 Auto Transport. You may want to try them. www.a1autotransport.com
What did the truck say on the side of it when you picked it up? A-1?

some of there terms are a little scary to me, it looks like they would nopt haul extra gear either...

11. If vehicle is vandalized either during shipment or while awaiting shipment, Carrier will not be held responsible; owner will have to submit a claim to his/her own insurance or absorb the loss.

12. Shipper agrees that in event there is a problem regarding truck delivery, Interstate Commerce Commission regulations require that all outstanding freight charges be paid without deductions. All damages must be properly noted in the presence of driver, and the balance due to be paid in full by cash or certified funds. If A-1 does not transport the vehicle, the responsible carrier transporting the vehicle shall be liable for any and all damage claims arising from the transport. Shipper agrees to file all claims with such carrier as identified, and bring any legal action for damages against such carrier only. Shipper agrees to release and hold harmless A-1 from any such claims.

13. Shippers agrees that their vehicle is insured and their insurance has primary responsibility.

14. Automobile Transport Trucks are designed for shipping vehicles. NO PERSONAL belongings are to be transported in or on vehicle. We will not be responsible for loss or theft of personal items, or damage done to your vehicle due to burglary. There is a possibility of surcharge of $250.00 along with undercarriage damage possibility. Loaded vehicles will be transported at your own risk.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Rico
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Curt,

Thanks for the passport link, however I contacted them and they will only transport the car.
I guess I will have get the seller ship the extra parts by truck freight.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:06 AM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

a set of wheels and seats would only cost a couple hundred dollars, not worth the risk of trying to pack them in and damage the interior.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by Rico
Curt,

Thanks for the passport link, however I contacted them and they will only transport the car.
I guess I will have get the seller ship the extra parts by truck freight.
who did you talk to there? I know they do it! I had a truck leased on over there and we hauled them all the time, somtimes up to 10 sets of wheels, extra motor, etc. Now I know they will not include it for free, but the charge is small... PM me with your trip details and I will see what I can do on finding you someone...

Curt
Old 03-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Curt911
Pro

Originally Posted by fixnprsh
a set of wheels and seats would only cost a couple hundred dollars, not worth the risk of trying to pack them in and damage the interior.

they would not be shipped in the car...
Old 03-13-2005, 05:55 AM
82Targa
Instructor

I just had a 911 shipped with DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers). They were a bit expensive, but the car got to me in perfect condition and it was only 6 days from Minnesota to Washington state(Seattle). I was very please overall. They will not let you have anything in the car though....
Old 03-13-2005, 08:17 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

this could have been some special situation, but here's a set of wheels in the bottom of an intercity truck, there was plenty of room under the lower ramp for them in the drop bed. But if they say they don't, I guess they don't. May be this is one where it pays to know someone.

Last edited by J. Brinkley; 09-17-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 911 transport