Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Experience with Victory Motorcars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:39 PM
summers3d
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Victory Motorcars?

I'm wondering if anyone has bought a car from Victory Motorcars in Houston, TX or has any opinion of this place. They have tons of cars...
-David
Old 02-28-2005, 03:15 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've also been curious about them... I hope someone posts their experience with them.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:37 PM
DaGoomba
Track Day

I have a buddy who lives in Palm Desert, CA and saw a 89 Cab for sale by Victory. He asked me to call them and make a deal for the car. I spoke to Robert Neal. He seemed to be a very nice guy. I don't want to mention the pricing here because I firmly believe that a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay and not necessarily what the car is really worth by someone elses standards. My friend really liked the car and told me to get it for him. I was able to get Victory to come down $2,000 off their asking pricing. We sent it to Euro Motors in Houston (I think that was the name) for a PPI. They confirmed that the cars was in great shape and worth the $$$$$. Victory arranged for the shipping to Palm Desert ( at my friends cost) but was cheaper than what my friend would have had to pay. This all happened in the span of 5 days. I made the call on Monday and by Friday my friend was driving it in Palm Desert. My friend said the car is everything Victory said it was and he loves the car. Can't tell you much more than that.

DaGoomba
Old 02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

They appear to have a HUGE inventory of 911's of all years on hand. I have also noticed they're always bidding on Ebay cars too. Ive seen them make a few grand on cars they bought off Ebay in short periods of time, Kudos to them.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:17 PM
tuk_928
Burning Brakes

Hello All,
Does anyone have Victory Motorcars' website URL handy? I couldn't find them easily via Google.
Or, are they an eBay-specific vendor?
Best,
Tim
Old 02-28-2005, 06:37 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do a search here & on Pelican. Many have had questions or experiences with them. They buy cheap (often on eBay) & sell at a profit. Nothing wrong there. They can afford to take a risk on an eBay car where you & I might want a PPI, personal inspection etc etc. There have been suspicions of shill bidding on eBay raised - see Pelican threads.

Ian

Last edited by imcarthur; 02-28-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:38 PM
tuk_928
Burning Brakes

Hi Ian...thanks for the information on Victory Motorcars. I happened upon this thread and am glad I did...
Cheers,
Tim
Old 02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Curt911
Pro

As always, it really rests in the car more that in the dealer, just have it checked out. Having said that, I have dealt with them, were first class dealing with me. On eBay cars they are selling they will tell you the reserve if you call them and many times I've noticed the get it or get BIN price. As far as them shill bidding, I think you really need proof of that before you accuse them, I try to buy and sell as many as I can on there so it is not all that uncommon to see buyers bidding on other cars as well, especially if they have the dough and track record to back it up, as victory does. I think the fact that they are able to buy, turn around and resell. at the same place (eBay), gives them more credit to their reputation and name.

If your considering a car from them just have it checked out as you would with any seller, it is your resposibility to verify what your buying before you buy.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

They have a huge inventory if they actually have the inventory they show on their website. http://www.victorymotorcars.com/ Many people like Richard Sloan and PAR cars put cars on their inventory list they don’t have or sold long ago. I once inquired about selling my speedster on consignment via PAR and they had it on their website that afternoon without pictures. So don’t be surprised if some of those cars don’t exist. I see no problem with them flipping Ebay cars, as someone else already said. Victory’s risk tolerance and ability to bring cars to market is better then an individuals. I would personally skip the Ebay bidding and just call them straight up if you see a car on their site you like. That blue 89 speedster is sweeeeet.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:44 PM
SolsburyHill
Instructor

I have dealt w/ Robert at Victory. Seemed very honest and straight forward while negotiating. I wound up not buying from him, but I would feel very comfortable in doing so if the situation arose (ie right car at the right price).

BTW... Their website is Victory but the inventory listings tend to be outdated.

Good luck,
Ken
Old 02-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

All well and good, but don't ever kiss off a PPI because someone had a good experience with person or business "X". I had an interesting situation with a good customer who purchased a used 911 from a reputable SoCal authorized Porsche dealer. He stopped by the shop to show it to me the afternoon that he took delivery. I opened the engine lid and could see about one inch of my parking lot past the engine bay seal. That beautiful black car had been hit so hard that it was bent to the side from the rear shocks back. Needless to say, no further "PPI" was necessary, because repairs needed on that car were already pushing $10K. Yes, the dealer acted honorably, took the car back without argument, and within about 6 weeks put my customer into a truly fine 911 at a discount. Another time a just-purchased slant nose Turbo showed up at our door, this time bought from an independent lot. Something about it didn't look right, we didn't have time to do a PPI (which wouldn't have helped anyway), but put it on the hoist to look at the chassis. Our four hoist arms were level, the car wasn't. with three lift pads in place and touching, the fourth pad still had over 1.5 inch of daylight between it and the car. Oh boy, this was bad. We took a couple of quick measurements and discovered that the right front of the car was an inch shorter than the left front. The car's new owner bought the car "As-is". The sales lot was not honorable, and told him, "So, sue me." Our favorite body shop wrote the not so proud owner an estimate to fix his "new" car. Let's just say he overpaid about $15K for that slant nose. Regarding Victory Motorcars, I know nothing about them, good or bad. I wrote this post only to caution, and remind, all buyers, no matter who you're buying from, sales lot, dealer, broker or individual, to get a PPI!
Pete
Old 02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

A big Ditto on what Peter said.

I didn't mean to dis Victory. They appear to be aggressively buying up mid-mileage cars & selling them just as aggressively primarily via eBay. Two problems I discovered with most dealers is: price & history. They are typically $4 - $5K above street price & more often than not, the car's history is absent or spotty. I kind of like keeping the $5K for repairs & buying from an owner.

Ian
Old 02-28-2005, 11:21 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imcarthur
A big Ditto on what Peter said.

I didn't mean to dis Victory. They appear to be aggressively buying up mid-mileage cars & selling them just as aggressively primarily via eBay. Two problems I discovered with most dealers is: price & history. They are typically $4 - $5K above street price & more often than not, the car's history is absent or spotty. I kind of like keeping the $5K for repairs & buying from an owner.

Ian
touchet
Old 03-01-2005, 11:41 AM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It all comes down to what you want. Some guys love "the hunt", and don;t mind spending months and weekends looking for the perfect car... the payoff is probably saving a few grand, and the experience.

Some guys don't have the time or interest to shop for cars for 6 months, and would rather get the car they want right now with a phone call rather than "settle" for whatever happens to be in the private car market at the time. For them is is worth a couple extra thou to save all the time and aggrevation.

IF they end up with a good car, everyone is happy
Old 03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
CHASE
Instructor

I dealt with Victory and Robert Neal on my 964 purchase and The car was everything he described and he had it shipped to my driveway in about a 2 week turn around from payment. I liked Robert's knowledge on the cars he has and I felt comfortable. I was looking for a mid mileage, dark colored, tiptronic 964 and I didnt want to travel the country for a year looking at different cars. I saw what I wanted, made the call and bought the car. You have to be careful with who ever you deal with !!

Quick Reply: Experience with Victory Motorcars?