Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone with white carrera photos?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by summers3d
I keep reading on here that color should not be a reason to pass up a great car.
-David
For me, color would be a darn good reason to pass up a great car. A color change, done properly, will set you back in the neighborhood of $10k. It would cost a lot less than that (barring an engine rebuild) to replace some wear items and do some minor repairs on a less than perfect car. You'd also save money on the purchase, and you'd end up with a great car in your first color choice.

In all seriousness, I'm not trying to advise you not to see it or consider it. Just offering my perspective. Color is really important to me.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:29 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reasons Why White is Good in a P-car

1) It’s not red. To me red is a cliché. And too visible to the constabulary.

2) It’s not black. For black or other dark colors, you better like polishing & have stock in Zymol.

3) Easy to maintain the color. White, light blue & silver cars do not show ‘road dust’ like any other color.

4) Partial re-spray is easier. Many of our cars have been touched up (or need it) due to stone chips or door dings. White is much easier than any metallic color to match (although there are thousands of shades of white).

5) White is a classic car color – not like the baby poo browns & strange purples etc.

6) It’s not red.

Ian
Old 02-21-2005, 04:08 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

David... if you want a silver car, convince yourself you really want a black car, and then all the cars for sale will suddenly be silver... seriously, silver is probably the most popular single color.... strange you can't find one.

The point is that this is a long term decision.... if you have your heart set on a silver car, you don;t want to be a year down the road and say "gee my white car is really nice, but I wish it was silver..." alot of people buy these cars and keep them forever.... and forever is a long long time.

That said, don't sacrifice condition because the car is the right color.... its like getting married if you have to wait for both.... wait. Even with these cars that don't depreciate much, it could cost a couple thousand dollars to swap out cars....
Old 02-21-2005, 05:25 PM
g5o
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of white SC:

Might help? With white, LIGHTING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I wanted silver originally too, but I only found one (1) silver coupe in a month's time. Now, I didn't switch to silver because of this, but when I saw the "chiffon" white on the SC's I found that I liked it better. Especially when it was repainted last year and cost about $5k. Here are some pics of the chiffon white (not sure if Carreras came with that):

Old 02-21-2005, 06:54 PM
911mot
2nd Gear

another
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Curt911
Pro

the above pics look b-e-a-uatiful!!! I like white, also looks real good in the wide-body cars
Old 02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
fixnprsh
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

those pics are nice, I want to put a Carrera tail on my 84, I just have to find one that somebody doesnt think is plated in gold and the last one on earth!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
g5o
Instructor

I will be removing mine (shown above) soon and replacing with original decklid/badge. Interested? Send me a PM so we don't hijack this thread.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Chris Bennet
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White grows on you...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Anyone with white carrera photos?