Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hello from a new member

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004 | 02:45 PM
theclaw
Advanced

Default Hello from a new member

I thought I would introduce myself and say hello to the group. I've been surfing the forum for a couple of months now and recently purchased a very clean '84 Carrera with 44k miles locally here in the chicago area. I've been an active track day racer/rider with my motorcycles (Ducati's and Aprilia) but as the kids get older and busier, I couldn't hang out at the track all weekend anymore so I sold off my racebike and bought the 911. I still have two of my older Duc's but I'm new to the Porsche world (although I've oogled them for years).

The car is basically a stock coupe, short shift kit, borsch exhaust, black/black, exceptionally clean. I'm looking forward to a few track days, tech and social activities with the local PCA and summer drives with family. Not to mention the endless list of things to improve or tinker with.

Excuse me if I ask alot of dumb questions. I'm still navigating the FAQ's. For my contribution, if anybody is going to any of the tracks in the Midwest (Gingerman, Grattan, Putnam, Blackhawk, Road America) I can you give you some pointers on the lines from the two wheeled perspective.

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussions.

Regards,
Jeff
Old 12-20-2004 | 02:51 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Welcome Jeff! I have plenty of 'dumb answers' for you dumb questions (...there are NO dumb questions however) , but will defer to the experts for the real answers. If you haven't discovered Pelican, it's a great site too along with this one (particularly for the air-cooled 911s), and there is a large contingent of enthusiasts in your area that will be glad to help you out.

Keith Craver
'88 CE coupe
Old 12-20-2004 | 02:51 PM
rbcsaver
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Welcome Jeff,
regards,
Steve
Old 12-20-2004 | 09:36 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist & Porsche ownership Jeff. Enjoy . . .

Ian
Old 12-20-2004 | 11:13 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Hi Jeff:

Sounds like you found a real nice low mileage example of a really good car,...

There are LOTS of things that you can do it make it better,.....LOL.
Old 12-27-2004 | 09:13 AM
theclaw
Advanced

Thanks for the welcome. I hope everyone had a great holiday. As soon as I figure how to post pictures I will. Is "registering" for the list different than "joining" Rennlist? I can't recall if I actually paid the $17 to join or if I just signed on to the list. Is there a way to check?

jeff
Old 12-27-2004 | 09:32 AM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Welcome Jeff, yes your profile shows registered member. If you had joined and paid the $17, your profile would show Rennlist member /addict within a day or two. There are links in most of the forums to join up. Sounds like you found a really nice Carrera. Enjoy
Old 12-31-2004 | 07:33 PM
theclaw
Advanced

I've added a pic to my avatar and paid the $17 which is well worth it. Thanks for the hardy welcome.

jeff

Quick Reply: Hello from a new member