A hose hanging in the motor compartment

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Muf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A hose hanging in the motor compartment

Help please.

I have just removed the hot air fan on the left side of the engine. Behind it there is the cruise control (tempomat - tempostat) servo. This servo has a connector and a hose connected to it. But I have found another loose hose hanging there. Where could it come from? It is a bit thinner than the Servo vacuum hose but it seems to be vacuum to...
Tracing where it comes from I have found that the other end inserts in some kind of T-junction on the lower end of a cylinder located behind the throttle cable mechanism. This cylinder (do not know what it is, sorry) is vertically oriented, on the bottom end there is this T junction and on the top end there is another one of a similar shape.

So, please where does the loose end of the hose come from. Its length suggests that it should finish somewhere near the tempomat servo... There is very little space and I had no miror to look carefully.

Thanks

BTW: I have an Euro 911 SC, 1979.
My cruise control is not working although the unit clicks when moving the controller. I suspect this to be part of the problem...
Old 12-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If it's the hose that's about 3.5mm ID it should be connected to the Tempostat. Its connector is hidden by the larger hose that also connects to the top of the Tempostat. The small line is vacuum from the throttle body and should definitely be hooked up...

Many parts can fail with the early cruise control, don't be too upset if re-connecting the vacuum hose doesn't fix the problem.
Pete
Old 12-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Muf
Advanced

Thank you very much, Peter, you were right, the other hose belongs behind the thicker one on the top of the servo, there is one more hidden snout...
I have also repaired the clutch switch and now I hope it will work. Did not try it yet cause the weather is not nice (minus 5 degrees)...
Old 12-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Yes, minus 5 is not nice!
Pete
Old 01-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Muf
Advanced

I was not able to believe it, the cruise control WORKS!
My happiness, however, was not lasting for long...
Is it possible that connecting of the hose caused a different vacuum ballance in the fuel system so that the car is now unable to idle when warm? Should I rotate the screw near the throttle mechanism?

Just a note: Five months ago I was in a shop and they hooked the car on the Bosch diagnosis system and set it perfectly, exactly to the original values. Will I have to visit them again?
Thanks for any suggestions...
Old 01-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Yes, re-connecting that vacuum hose can affect the fuel mixture. Raising the idle speed with the throttle body screw is not a good idea unless you're hooked up to a CO% machine. You should probably have the car checked by the mechanic...
Pete

Quick Reply: A hose hanging in the motor compartment