Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Top Interior Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 AM
RC_Targa
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Targa Top Interior Replacement

Does anyone know if I need all of the parts listed below to redo the interior of my targa top. I didn't know there was so much involved, perhaps I'm reading the descriptions incorrectly. Also, is this something I can do on my own, or is it much more difficult than meets the eye?

(from Pelican parts)

Targa Top Roof Headliner, 911 (1974-89)
PEL-911-HL-03 $83.50

Targa Top Roof Padding Kit, 911 (1974-89)
P-TRGPAD-1 $31.00

Targa Bar Padding Foam (under vinyl), left, 911 (1974-89)
C-565-513-40 $54.60

Targa Bar Padding Foam (under vinyl), right, 911 (1974-89)
C-565-514-40 $54.60

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Revvin_911S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on how bad your top is, you might need all of the items you listed, plus much more. The Targa tops are more involved and complex then most people realize. If you just have a simple recover you can probably do it yourself, but if the top is in really bad shape and you need to fully rebuild it, you might want to consider having somebody else do it just to make sure it is done right. I would highly recommend you call Dan at Cars Inc. I don’t have his number on me right now, but Ill post it when I get home from work. He is widely acknowledged as being the expert on Targa tops. I had him rebuild my top this last summer, and he did an incredible job. I hardly recognized my top when it came back. The cabin is far quieter, even in excess of normal freeway speeds, and it is even water tight after the rebuild. It was deffinatly not free, mine cost about $1000, but that was a complete "stage 3" rebuild, plus I had a broken hinge. Even if you want to give it a shot on your own, you should still give him a call. He is very friendly, and I’m sure he would be happy to give you some pointers on what you need and how you should do it, and also how much work your top needs. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Targa Top Interior Replacement