Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My new '87...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 02:39 AM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats. I just picked up my first 911 a couple weeks ago, too.

I had a Boxster previously. I didn't realize how easy the Boxster was to drive until driving my 78 SC. I have to relearn everything.

Brett
Old 10-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by carnutzzz
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say Hello as I'll be posting God knows how many questions to this section. I gave up my LT1 powered lightly modified Formula Firebird to try out life with a flat 6. I had grown tired of the kids on the Fbody forums. I've been lurking on this site as I waited for the right car and I'm happy to now be a Porsche owner!

I've always wanted an 87-89 911 and last week, I bought myself one for my 31st birthday. This was the car plastered on my wall in High School, and I'm thankful to be fortunate enough to have one in my garage!

The car is carmine red with black interior. She has 80k on the clock. Sunroof, limited slip, sport suspension, spoilers. Recent conversion to 134 refrigerant. Had a PPI and a compression test done before purchase- only outstanding item was non-functioning cruise control, but I'll never use it anyways. I spent the weekend buffing the car out with my high speed buffer and what was ok paint before is now brilliant! The interior is very nice, only needing some new door weatherstripping.

$18,900.

Looking forward to enjoying my toy, meeting some of you folks, and learning!

Paul
Ahhh...... 3.2 litres with the G50.... what a totally sweet ride. Congratulations!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Slate_Grey
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's so funny.

I'm in the same boat. I am the same age, had the same posters probably. I even live in Atlanta. I bought the same car but in a different color combo (89). Always wanted one of these cars, now I'm wondering why I didn't get one earlier.

Nice ride.

Ya, DE at Road Atlanta the first time is like jumping out of an airplane repeatedly for two days. The following Monday at work is depressing. Literally.

If I had my way, my 911 (spoiled brat) would be residing on my living room floor, with a blanket and some pillows every night too.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:55 PM
carnutzzz
Intermediate

fixnprsh - Sure! I can attach more pics, thanks for asking.

AJ88CAB - Sorry, won't make the DE at Road Atlanta. Still waiting on the dealer to send me the title, so no registration or insurance yet! I had the car shipped to me (I know, I know), and the dealer didn't want the title in the car, so he's sending it via mail. I'm a little ticked I can't drive it this weekend. I may come up without the car and say Hi.

Slate_Grey- I hear ya! Looking forward to meeting you guys in my area. Never know when I may need to call for help! ;-)

I've done some hot laps around Road Atlanta in my Formula. We are very lucky to have such a great facility so close to home. What a killer track. I know what you mean Slate, very exciting indeed. A buddy of mine did the performance driving school. He came home afterwards, sat on the couch, and threw-up. I still can't believe he actually told me that.

Thanks for the kind words, glad y'all like the car. I'm a Porsche newbie now, but my goal is to one day build my own motor. For now, I'd like to learn how to change the oil :-)

If any one you guys need help prepping for the DE, just email or PM me, glad to help!

Paul
Attached Images    
Old 10-28-2004, 11:14 PM
danoberer
Instructor

Awesome rare color! Timeless car - will always be a classic. Enjoy!
Old 10-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

Paul, Very nice. These last pix you posted kinda show off the car's condition better than the first ones you posted...at least to me. Awesome car.

I was planning to post the same thread more or less, but I didn't end up with the car, read my FOLLOW UP POST thread to see why.

Sorry, crying in my beer when you are celebrating. Really, a very, very nice car. I hope I do anywhere near as well. Enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:28 PM
sushinav
Instructor

Sounds like a good buy. Enjoy! Check out the 911 forum at Pelican Parts also. I had the same experience once I sold my Mustang years ago. Love the cars, but 911 owners are better spellers.

Quick Reply: My new '87...