Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Caution re: Harald Jülicher (automann@freenet.de)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Caution re: Harald Jülicher (automann@freenet.de)

Harald Jülicher is a German guy who supplies Porsche parts - or, rather, he claims to.

I ordered a 993 ECU and wiring loom from him on 5th August, transferring the money to his account in Germany. It still has not arrived as of 29th October.

I have chased numerous times via both email and phone. I have variously had silence, a claim that it was sent, a claim that his mechanic sent it to the wrong address and a claim that a new one has been sent.Still nothing has arrived.

I have now given him seven days to provide the goods or refund me in full. At this stage, I am merely posting this as a caution. If I do not receive either goods or refund within seven days, I will post a formal warning and report him to the German police.

Ben
Old 10-24-2004, 03:32 PM
theasphaltgambler
Advanced

Not knocking overseas orders / suppliers but I recently had a somewhat similar situation. I bought some fabricated aluminum trim pieces off of a very well know auction site. The company was legit and had good feedback on prior transactions. The real problem is verifying and tracking the order once it is sent. After almost a month I never received the items. The company told me to check the local post office (even though I receive my mail at my house). The postman told me there really was no way of tracking overseas shipments through US mail tracking numbers. Unless it was sent via UPS, DHL or one of the other large carriers you're s--- out of luck. The company did send me another set after much complaining via airmail and now I have them. The other problem is getting your $$ back from any company off the US continent. If you paid with your CC then you have some protection.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

I've only ever had one previous problem, for a trivial sum on ebay. Hopefully this one will get sorted out without the need for anything more formal. Will update here either way.

Ben
Old 10-24-2004, 06:17 PM
CN
Escapee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually pay a bit more and buy from local venders unless I have to go elsware. The small savings never offsets a bad headache. I have had and heard of great experiences purchasing over internet or other long distance but I also hear about lots of fraud. At least locally I pay for the privilage of touching before I pay as well as having recourse if it fails to meet expectations.

Last edited by CN; 10-24-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:31 PM
theasphaltgambler
Advanced

On my BMW 635 restoration I was able to buy a rare dealer optional wood steering wheel that was impossible to find elsewhere. The seller was in Germany. I opted to pay extra to have it shipped by UPS. I had it in 11 days
Old 10-24-2004, 11:42 PM
lorenzg
Advanced

I had a similar experience with a scumbag in Germany over a speedometer. Implied it was in working order in the add and when I got it the odometer didn't work. Never got a dime back and had to have it overhauled in order to get it working. I'll never buy another item on e-bay from anyone using 'Private' sales and from out of the US. My sympathy. Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

Unfortunately buying local wasn't an option in this case. Well, unless I wanted to pay six times the price to buy a brand new one from Porsche UK. He now says the shipping of the second one was delayed by a move and was sent Thursday. We shall see.

Ben
Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

Default Confirming that the parts arrived

The ECU and loom did finally arrive. Some further work was required before they could be fitted, but everything should be complete & tested shortly, so I will post again once this is done.

Ben
Old 01-03-2005, 12:14 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Just as a data point, I bought a 964 motor and some other parts from Harald, and everything went very well.

It sounds like there were problems with your order, though.

I'm glad it worked out.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:48 PM
speedster 94
Instructor

hallo
Ben , please confirm that it arrived on October 28 , and you didnt have tom wait untl now .And now i wait for 2 month on the exchange DME .
@ Jack ,thank you for your comment . I usually do what i can , in Bens case it took a little longer ,the package was delivered to the wrong Adress and returned to me .
happy new year to all :
harald
Old 01-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I also purchased some parts from Harald last year (or was it the year before) and it went very well. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Also, Harald I hope you get the exchange DME soon. Ben's probably making you wait the same amount of time? Ha ha.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

I don't have the exact dates on this PC - it was approximately three months after the order was placed. As you know, what arrived was different to what we expected, so some conversion was necessary. I'm expecting the work to be completed in a week or two, and my mechanic will be hanging onto the car for another few days to give it some thorough test-drives. As soon as we have confirmed that all is well, the old ECU and loom will be sent to Harald.

Christer :-) Actually no deliberate intent in this case, but at least I don't feel guilty that things have taken some time on our end too!

Ben
Old 01-03-2005, 06:58 PM
speedster 94
Instructor

hallo Ben
I have the Dates , August 15 : money arrived .
August 23 : send for the first Time
September 28 . returned , Adress unknown ( my fault )
october 23 : after you remind me again ( again my fault ) i send the Parts UPS

here is your Part : oktober 24 I provide a Trackingnumber for UPS
oktober 25 : You post this thread ,knowing that it is on the way

December 28 : I see this thread for the first Time and remind you of my DME/ exchange ,
harald

Quick Reply: Caution re: Harald Jülicher (automann@freenet.de)