header and exhaust- 87 911

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:31 PM
bruce w
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post header and exhaust- 87 911

I'm considering replacing my stock system with a Bursch header and muffler. This system is about the same $ as a B&B muffler only that would bolt to stock headers with a test pipe- any suggestions
Thanks Bruce W
Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts
I put a Fabspeed pre-muffler and a Bursch muffler on my '84, and was pleased with the mid-range increase, as well as how it sounds. I almost bought a header setup that was a pretty good deal, but didn't want to deal with the potential broken studs, etc in removing the old exhaust. If I get to where I need to remove the motor for some serious work, then I may do something at that time. Believe me, it was a bit of "fun" removing the old cat.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:51 AM
madvex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested in replacing the stock exhaust system on my '85 as well. The tranny is coming out next month for a full rebuild. I figure while that's being done, I may as well put some $$ into the motor while it's easily accessible.

So, any opinions on which exhaust is the best in terms of increased horses for the price? Should I also add a header at the same time? Also, what are some ballpark est. on costs for the muffler/header?

I asked my mechanic - his opinion is a chip would do much much better than the exhaust could. But, if the exhaust is worth the trouble and will give me some better midrange pull, I'll do both.

I appreciate any and all feedback..
Thanks!

Quick Reply: header and exhaust- 87 911