Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

horn not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003 | 09:09 AM
jkb157
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Post horn not working

A few weeks ago a replaced the stock steering wheel of my 79 911 sc with the 930 steering wheel from pelican.When removing the stock wheel,I broke the wire to connect the horn.I repaired the wire by placing a male and female connector on each end.I completed the job and the horn worked fine.While on vacation last week the horn on the car went off in the middle of the night.A neighbor came over and shook the car and the horn turned off. Now the horn will not work.When a push the pad a hear a clicking sound.I cheched my connections and they were fine.How should I proceed to fix this problem? jkb157
Old 04-08-2003 | 12:51 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jkb157:
<strong>When a push the pad a hear a clicking sound.I cheched my connections and they were fine.How should I proceed to fix this problem? jkb157</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">so that means you pulled the wheel?........Ron
Old 04-09-2003 | 03:28 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I assume you've checked the appropriate fuse.

I'd pull the wheel and see what's going on in there. Try touching the wire to ground. If the horn goes off, then it's a problem with the switch in the wheel. If the horn doesn't go off, then the problem lies either in the wiring or in the horn itself (assuming the fuse is good). Should be pretty easy to isolate and fix.
Old 04-11-2003 | 02:07 AM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar problem when I replaced my wheel. My problem was that one of the three grommets on the black plastic horn ring was stripped and allowed the horn rings to contact. My solution, new horn ring.

Quick Reply: horn not working