Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

WARNING - if attending Pocono DE

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004 | 04:00 PM
john d 81SC
Racer

Default WARNING - if attending Pocono DE

Be sure to lock up your tools! I have the dubious distinction of being the 2nd in as many years of our members (Riesentoter) whose tools were stolen while at a Pocono DE. This happened sometime after7:15 PM Friday, Sept 24, and 7 AM Saturday, during our RTR Make A Wish fundraising event. The scumbag took a Craftsman set of 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 ratchets, sockets (regular & deep), SAE & metric open end/box wrenches, Allen wrenches, extensions, adapters, swivels, Allen socket set, etc, etc. Ironically a new member had asked myself & another guy if it was alright to leave his tools there overnight, and we both assured him "no problem". Coincidentally there was a biker event held on the infield on Friday, and there was also a biker event when our other member's battery charger was taken last year. Out track chair announced at each driver's meeting that some tools were missing, and to please return any tools you borrowed. ALL of our members who heard of this at this MAW event were in a state of disbelief - I kept getting reassurance that 'somebody borrowed them and returned them to the wrong garage'. On Sunday afternoon, 2 of our members did a final 'sweep' after everyone had left - no tools. So just be warned, folks. The spirit of camraderie and goodwill that the PCA DE events are known for suffered a setback at this event, and I hope it's not a sign of things to come.
Old 10-04-2004 | 04:48 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

That's a shame. I always figured that car guys don't do that kind of thing to one another.
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:10 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

That sucks!!! I was never concerned about this in the past but will be wary from now on.

Quick Reply: WARNING - if attending Pocono DE