Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

72 oil line question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004 | 03:43 PM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Default 72 oil line question

I have a leaky and somewhat worn out oil line that I would like to replace. It is currently running an AN - style line from the driver side to the oil filter fitting in the wheel well. I don't know what part I'm looking for in the catalogs. Is this years specific or like other years? Should I buy a specific part or just rerun AN hose?

I can't get it broke loose at the filter fitting so I've been removing the hose which is obviously not how an AN line is to be disassembled frequently on engine drops.

Any help or advice? If not, who would you recommend in getting help? Elephant Racing? TIA for your input.
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:20 PM
frankd
Advanced

Find someone who has a Porsche PET CD which has a parts listings ,detailed diagrams and part numbers for of Porsches to date. this is the same tool used by the Porsche dealers to look up parts.

You can view detailed diagrams of every part of your car and obtain the factory part number.
I have a PET CD and is very useful in identilfing parts and part numbers.

I too have a 72 coupe and replaced some hoses and various seals this summer and used the PET info.

You can go to a dealer and they will bring up the diagram to help you identify the part.

If you are close to a dealer ,contact me and Iwill fire up the PET CD and see if I can locate the part for you.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 72 oil line question