Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sad long story...Help!...long post

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 01:50 PM
Greg-slant/cab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sad long story...Help!...long post

This is a little strange writing this because I only know you people through your screen names. I am asking for help from my fellow Porsche owners. I have been an active member of this board as well as Pelican and the PCA since I have recently become a Porsche owner. I will try to make a long story short. I am a Career Firefighter with the Sac Metro Fire Dept. Unfortunately, I suffered a very severe back injury while working. Well, 2 surgeries and almost 3 years of rehab and I am still suffering greatly. This past Wedensday the board of directors voted to retire me on a medical disability. What this means is a loss of benefits and a 50% reduction in my wages. I am only 33 years old and a single father. Can you imagine how your life would be changed if suddenly your wages were cut in half? This brings me to asking for help. In order for me not to loose my house and to protect my daughters benefits I must liquidate all my "toys". I have just sold my boat and you guessed it, I have to sell the Porsche. I know I will have another one as soon as I can, but protecting myself and my family has become much more important than the garage queen. So my car is for sale. You can check out most of the car and get alot of information on my website. I have over $20k into it since the purchase in January. I am a realist and I know I will never get all my money out of it. When I purchased the car, I had a plan for it and part of that plan was to keep it. I know the bottom line is it is a 1975 with a 2.7. I know this is not the most desirable year or engine config. But the car does run perfect and is very strong. My plan was to replace the motor with a 3.2. You can buy this car and still do the motor swap and still be well under $20k. The car has alot of really great high quality conversions and upgrades. I can not even begin to tell all that is new and or been replaced. I would love to sell this car to someone who completed the motor swap. If anyone is interested please contact me by email and I will give my phone number. I will discuss a fair price with those that are truly interested. I will go over the car completely top to bottom and I will identify absolutely all I know about it. I am not looking for comments on the car or the money I have spent on it. Again the intention was never to sell the car to begin with. I apologize for the long post. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Sad long story...Help!...long post