sc search... update (tweeks)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 12:24 PM
VWpete
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post sc search... update (tweeks)

Hey there,
I've been on vacation for a while and wanted to let you guys know what's new in my porsche search. First, I'd like to thank the rennlist as a whole for their help and especially Bill Gregory. Bill, you're a class act on the board and we appreciate it. I've had quite a bit of help locally from a great guy who I think I've seen around the rennlist. Michael B., I really appreciate your help so far!!!!

---Here we go... I'm still not a 911 owner, but am getting a good feel for these cars! I test drove my first 911 a week ago. It was an '81 sc with a pretty fresh rebuild and newer paint. Overall it was a total mess. The interior could have been nice if he would've taken his clothes out of it and vacuumed. Right when I got close to it I knew it was not gonna be mine! The paint was a 20ft job... a bad job in general (bad prep, overspray on seals etc.)But there was a plus! I drove it for about 30 min and all I can say is wow!!!
I love the power band and control in the 911's. Just amazing.
So, as of now I'm still in the market and will be attending the Tweeks show next weekend!!! What are the chances of me finding a nice car there?
Thanks alot,
Pete
Old 07-14-2001, 02:13 PM
Dial 911
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pete,
Good to hear about your shopping. You are doing what everyone should do...that is, look at a whole bunch of cars, and walk away from 99% of them.

However, be prepared to eventually have your heart snagged by some real beauty. You'll know when you find her!

Quick Reply: sc search... update (tweeks)