Eectromotive Ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 09:57 PM
Howard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Eectromotive Ignition

I'm thinking of removing my MSD ignition
and replacing with Electromotive HPV-1,racing application only, normally aspirated,Weber 46's. Anyone with experience with the HPV-1, is it reliable?

Thanks !
Old 07-14-2001, 11:50 PM
rattlsnak
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cant speak for the HPV, but I had the TECII system and is was great. http://www.members.aol.com/rattlsnak/ignfuel1.jpeg
Old 07-18-2001, 11:35 PM
Doug Clauder
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howard, I am running HPV-1's with CIS and they work great, however, I have heard that they don't produce enough juice for webers, and you wind up with fouled plugs and starting problems. Apparently your MSD is the better setup with carbs. YMMV.

-Doug
Old 07-23-2001, 07:05 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
An HPV-1 setup will provide quite the upgrade for your weber inducted six-popper! I made the change from an MSD 6-AL to an HPV-1 and was thrilled w/the performance increase.

Doug mentioned that an Electromotive setup may not provide enough "juice" for weber operated engines...crazy! You've got to realize that an Electromotive setup puts out several times the voltage than a factory setup and far outpowers the competition.

I have specs for both systems but I am at work and don't remember them off the top of my head.

I have a friend who runs an HPV-1 setup atop his weberized 2.7 and his car runs awesome! He produces about 260hp w/webcams, high compression pistons, HPV-1, webers and an SSI/B&B setup.

The only downside to upgrading to HPV-1 is the cost...to do it right, you've got to buy that beautiful pully from Clewitt Engineering, Magnecore wires and that way cool mounting bracket that Richard manufactures as well. It's gonna cost you, but it's worth it.

Okay, sorry, that was my 2cents, but I'm a believer, not affiliated w/any aforementioned people/manufacturers...just a happy horsepower hungry P-Car owner!

Quick Reply: Eectromotive Ignition