Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1982 911sc euro coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1982 911sc euro coupe

could any of you guys give me some advice on this nice car i located. the owner cannot drive it due to medical reasons. the car has been sitting prob for over a year with occasional starts. i looked it over the car has 100,000 miles, ext is near mint with excellent paint looks like a factory tail and front spoiler chin. the int needs a little work looks like the sun worked its magic, the seats are not that bad but the dash shrank alittle by the air vents. the car runs nice , shifts right, brakes seem fine, ac is decent, the monroof does not retract, the engine lid does not open right, the hood does not stay open. the car is fully documented with import papers , dot, all maintence work, this owner is the 2nd owner since 1986. seems like the chain tensinoers were done as well as the pop off valve. the clutch looks like it was done. im not sure about any engine or tranny rebuilds but the car syncros dont grind and the car does not seem to smoke. the tires are fair but prob need changing soon. lastly i noticed the owner had put something underneath the engine in his garage to catch some oil leak.
what do you think this car is worth ??? your opinion would be appreciated.
thanks
v-tach
Old 07-08-2004, 09:00 AM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

any advice ?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

V-tach:
If you are seriously considering this car, take it to a Porsche mechanic and have it thoroughly gone over. If you tell us where you are from, someone on this board who lives in your area, will be able to recommend a good shop for you.

How much is the owner asking for the car. Does he have all the service records? The records are the key. 911s that have not received proper maintainence can turn into nightmares real quick. If they are properly taken care of 100K miles on the motor is nothing.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This car sounds like it might be a nice car...

Some thoughts:

Why is the paint in mint condition and the interior of average condition (possible sun damage)? Has the exterior been repainted? If so, why? Is there a nice shiney coat of paint hiding some accident damage or other problems?

As Carrera51 mentions, a proper PPI is needed to really assess the condition of the car and find out what you are dealing with.

I'd guess this car can be worth anywhere from $11,000 (or less) if it's rough or has major mechanical or bodywork issues to maybe $15k if the car is tight and solid with no major issues. Though, based on your description of the interior condition, that might take some money to get looking good again. Your area of the country can make a difference as well in the final selling price. Prices seem to drop as you move west and south in the country.

Euro cars used to sell for maybe 10% less than an equivalent US model car, but these things are old enough (and good 911's are rare enough) that this pricing differential doesn't seem to come into effect in all cases.

If the car passes emissions and was properly imported/converted, I see no reason to reduce the value of the car just because it's a Euro model. Might be more desireable to some people too!

Best of Luck
Jay
90 964

Last edited by Jay H; 07-08-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:20 PM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

thanks guys !
the car is in las vegas
contacted a shop called carl's. i spoke with a lady by the name of muriel, i think she is the owners daugter - she said the car was serviced thereand will try to fax me some info - but i have not received anything yet seems like she is real busy..
v-tach
Old 07-09-2004, 10:37 PM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

i spoke with the owner.. interior some sun damage. look into the exterior. why was it in better shape.. asked the owner today he had the car repainted at some point in its life... no body damage as per the owner..
thanks
v-tach
Old 07-10-2004, 12:25 PM
CDiercks
Instructor

Sounds like a decent with typical problems of a car of this age. Being a euro model look very carefully for rust!!! Check the door jams to see if a side door beam has been installed when it was federalized. The side door beam can be hacked in pretty badly sometimes causing rust in the door that cannot be seen until the skin rusts through. Also look under the weather seals on the A pillars, and under the pad near the rear window. Those are some favorite placed for rust. Is the speedometer in KPH or MPH? If it's euro it could have been switched over when imported and the mileage could be off.

Quick Reply: 1982 911sc euro coupe