Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

seats

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
gingerkurtz
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default seats

Recently took delivery on a 2024 - 911 Carrera S (waited 7 months) I ordered with the standard seats because no one else ever drives mine. This is my first 911. I've had 6 Boxsters that were all factory order to my specs and always got the standard seats that worked out fine for me. Well, I guess I'm a little short for the 911 and would like to sit up a bit higher than the standard seat gives. FIRST, would anyone know if the 14-way seat would adjust higher than the standard seat? And, SECOND, if it does would I be able to order and have installed a new 14-way seat? (I know I can throw a cushion in there but they slip and slid and may block some of the winter heating
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
nvbirdman
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

You might check how the seats are mounted to the chassis and install some kind of riser in there.
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Uwon
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

This is not a difficult mod. Find yourself a reputable indi who is into Porsches and I’m sure they will come up with a suitable solution. My immediate thought would be 1” or 1.5” square (or more) hollow aluminum tubing bolted to the chassis base and the seat bottom frame. You will even have the opportunity to move the seat a bit forward if desired. Care must be taken to ensure that there is enough slack in the wiring for the various sensors, seat heater and seat adjustment…..hence my suggestion for an indi with Porsche experience.
Good luck.
Old Today, 10:52 AM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 194 Likes on 153 Posts

This is the air-cooled forum, head over to the 992 forum and you'll find more people discussing seat position adjustments. Here is a thread (with what looks to me to be a pretty sketchy mod): https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1420...-seat-mod.html

I would be nervous using aluminum hollow tubing - I think it would deform too easily in an accident and possibly lead to a failure of the bolts holding down the seat. Probably want solid steel. You'll need longer bolts - make sure you get real Grade 8 bolts from a reputable source.

There may even be someone out there like Rennline that make kits for this.

Mark
Old Today, 10:52 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,113 Likes on 796 Posts

someone should have told you this is not the correct forum for your car. This is an Air-cooled technical forum for 911s. You have a 992

Look in the water cooled section for the subforum 992. Good luck.

Quick Reply: seats