Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Eninge Number in US Registration Documents

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 03:19 PM
dalexopoulos
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eninge Number in US Registration Documents

Hello, I have a question to our US (California) friends (this is a continuation of the previous thread "Unidentified Engine Number").

In 2003 I bought a 1977 911 Targa in the UK that was originally imported from California. In the UK Registration document it says Engine No 0101000583 - which is obviously wrong - any Porsche fan knows that the 1977 US 911's have engine numbers starting with 637...

How did this happen? I thought it was a mistake.

Could it be something else? Is it possible that the US documents use a different identification for the engine? Could it be that when the car was imported to the UK, the authorities didn't check the engine number and copied a number from the US registration document?

Thanks for your time!

[I insist in this issue because I have a huge problem... Local authorities see 0101000 as an engine number in the original Greek license and compare it to the "true" 637xxx (in the FIVA card) and think I have changed the engine. As a result they are not issuing license plates... All because someone input the wrong engine number in the UK Registration]

Quick Reply: Eninge Number in US Registration Documents