Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Blaupunkt Reno SQR46 Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 11:59 PM
ahenthus
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Blaupunkt Reno SQR46 Wiring Question

I'm installing the original Reno back in my car after receiving it back from Creative Car Audio in LA after they restored it. The switched 12v to the radio is live but the other 12v wire is dead. I'm guessing that it's the 12v that's always live to keep the settings intact. Creative Car Audio told me both 12v lines must work for the radio and display to work. The previous owner spliced in another wiring harness for the aftermarket radio but left the original harness intact. I don't know whether he cut the other 12v and I don't know what it's tied in with. I know it's not tied in with the cigarette lighter because it still works. I hope the wire is not cut and is only disconnected from the fuse. I'm no whiz on wiring diagrams and am baffled by the attached one below. It wasn't very readable as a single picture so I took the two below and hope someone can read them and make sense of it. Either that or tell me where to look for the beginning of the second 12v wire. As far as I know the roof and the alarm both work but I haven't tried them with the ignition switched off yet. Any thoughts?