Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

PCCM install issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024 | 12:13 AM
I_Fly_Lawndarts
Intermediate

Default PCCM install issues

So… I have a 1983 911SC that, aside from the radio, seems to be working pretty well.

When I purchased the car, it had a Fischer AX770 radio installed. Symptoms were as follows: the right side speaker wouldn’t put out sound, though sometimes going over bumps it would turn on briefly. Either that, or the bump would kill the radio until I gave it a little tap on the volume ****.

Solution: buy a PCCM and have it professionally installed, obviously.

So I sourced a new PCCM unit from Suncoast and had it installed at a very reputable local shop. Work was “completed” today, but issues persist.

- Audio output in CarPlay is oddly quiet. Audible, but I can’t help but think it’s not working as intended.
- Radio still shuts off at times.
- The volume **** fully doesn’t work, except to completely mute the system. The only way to control volume is to use the fade **** on the lower console. If I roll it to the rear, sound decreases, but only because there are no rear speakers!
-Antenna goes up whenever the head unit receives power. I understand the reason for this, but I’d like to come up with a solution where I can run the wire to a switch where I can control the antenna position manually.

Obviously these things can work properly, I’ve seen them functioning fully on other people’s cars. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with mine?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2024 | 06:23 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Go into the Sound menu and you can adjust the input levels of every source: AM, FM, Satellite radio, iPod, and USB stick. You will have to push up the iPod volume to make it work. I set it so 10 is very loud. The radio has a lot of output.

It sounds like you have some wiring issues with your speaker and ready power input. It should be wired to the battery with an inline fuse.

I had my mechanic installed a few months ago and it is perfect. I use it constantly with no issues. The CarPlay interface is excellent. Hint, you can use the MEDIA and NAV buttons to switch between car play music and navigation.
Old 01-29-2024 | 04:06 PM
bradschauf
Rennlist Member

Do you have an amplifier installed? Without an amp, it will be pretty quiet.
I have an amp for the door and rear deck speakers, and a separate amp for a small sub box behind the seats.
I want the radio to be loud enough to hear, sometimes over the engine, but usually listen to the "3.2 channel"...

Quick Reply: PCCM install issues