Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Massive Oil Leak or Idiotic Owner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:43 PM
UberScheitzer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes cyprusx - I was going to check on a flat surface and get it somewhere between 175 and 180 degrees.

Thanks for the comments everyone
Old 06-04-2004, 01:36 PM
kach22i
Instructor

I have a 1977 2.7L, supposed to hold 13.5 quarts, but takes 11 quarts to refill. Follow the directions in the "101 projects for your Porsche" book.

Tip good or bad?

Give the starter a quick turn to get all the oil out of the car during an oil change.

Yes or no?
Old 06-05-2004, 11:24 PM
UberScheitzer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, we just drained just under 2 quarts from the block. Got it up to running temp, took a little cruise, and then check it. It was right on the max line. Took off the airbox cover to see a small amount of oil (very small amount). I was not too surprised considering how much had poored out before. Ran the car again for a little, checked the air box and it was nearly dry.
Then took it over to a self steam cleaning station to clean the crap off the bottom of the engine. We were very careful in where we cleaned, covered up electronic parts, etc. It looks AMAZING!
Got home lifted the rear and saw that we missed a few spots, especially the tranny. Oops!

I will be posting pics very soon. Have to wait for the gunk to dry up a bit, go clean it off, and snap some photos. Woo Hoo! I love a clean under-carrage.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Jason
Old 06-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Mike F
Advanced

You should drain some more oil. Proper level is midway between the 2 marks on the dipstick. You will still get oil smoking and in the airbox if the level is at the maximum mark.

Quick Reply: Massive Oil Leak or Idiotic Owner?