Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tool Kit During Concours

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 05:52 PM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tool Kit During Concours

It's me again! Well I am starting the prep for the concorse in two weeks and I was wondering what the presentation of the factory tool kit is during such an event.

Does it stay all rolled up and tucked away, or does it get unrolled and displayed?

Windshield wiper blades are a bit aged. Replace?

What about the License Plates? Stay or Go?

Thanks again.

Mark
Old 05-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mark:

For a local type concours, go ahead and open that tool kit up and display it. That'll be just another item in place showing the judges you spent time on your car and actually thought about how you are going to display your car. My region's score sheets do have a few points allocated for if the tool kit, jack, and spare are present. If you want, right before judging starts, you can place the tool kit outside the car, right in front of the front trunk to insure it's out of the way for the judge for spare and jack inspection. Put your tire inflator out there too (if you have an original inflator).

Wiper blades - if they are dirty, clean them (insure there no bug guts on them). As long as they are not frayed, separated or pulled apart, use what you have. If they have ends tearing off and look tattered, replace them. It might not have a direct effect on the score sheet, but it's all about the overall presentation and giving the judge a good sense about your car that you took the time to prep it and care for it.

License plates - leave 'em on. Clean them though. Local shows expect cars to be driven to the show and I know I would never, ever deduct for plates being on a car.

Good luck!

Jay
90 964

Quick Reply: Tool Kit During Concours