Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

72 911 Sportomatic

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Deralik
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 911 Sportomatic

There's one for sale in Monterey CA ($7200) and I'm going to see in this week end. Assuming the car is sound, what's its "value" relative to a 4 or 5 speed? What are it's advantages (if any) and/or it's limitations? Is this a "keeper" type car that I can tinker with (about $1-3K worth) without losing my shirt? I already have an SC but ..........
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 PM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But what?
Old 05-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can only add a guess to this thread... But, I would think that the Sporto option on this car may decrease it's value just a bit over a similar 4 or 5 speed manual trans car since this transmission option is not that popular. But, that being said, there are people that do like these transmissions. They are rare and any early 911 that is in good shape is always desireable.

Probably the biggest factor in the value of this car is it's overall mechanical condition and how much rust (if any) it has. If you were to buy this car and keep it's condition up, you probably won't loose any money on it other than what you spend on maintenance. It may take a bit of patience and the right buyer to snap this car up if you were to sell it.

You also may want to see if any shops in your area are familiar with the Sporto trans to insure you have a place to service it if need be.

Good luck,

Jay
90 964

Quick Reply: 72 911 Sportomatic