Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

power window lost in door!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
realtime
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power window lost in door!

Apparently the drivers side window of my '87 911 Cab has come off its track and the glass is in the door (luckily I didnt get rained on coming back from the Zone 1 Concourse yesterday!). Ill review my repair manual but I'm looking for hints as to how to remove the interior door panel and what I should look for / replace to keep this from happening again.

TIA for any suggestions,
Dan
Old 05-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Jaws911
Pro

BTW, realltime, where is your avatar from? looks like storm king hwy along the hudson river in New York, but yor from the midwest? just asking...
Old 05-19-2004, 11:32 AM
realtime
Instructor

That photo was taken on rt. 97 north of Port Jervis NY above the Delaware river - its a stretch called the Hawk's nest- very nice road and scenery.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Hugh R
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have 101 Projects? I think it details how to do it. As I recall, map box, four screws underneath one in the middle and one on each end, then speaker, then two machine screws on door handle, lift out the opening latch tab, one screw on each end of the top of the door panel under a plastic cover. Don't run the window up and down with the glass loose the track can flap around and get bent by the motor. Glass goes in and comes out from the top. Buy a new window track rubber if its beat. Don't take out the motor or track if you don't have to, its a PITA. Put lithium grease on all moving gears before you close it up.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:04 AM
realtime
Instructor

Thanks- yes I do have 101 Projects and reviewed the process. I appreciate your hints and suggestions- now If I could just get a few more hours in the day to get it done!

Dan

Quick Reply: power window lost in door!