Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Bringing back oxidized fan on a 87 911

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023 | 09:36 AM
Klunker911
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. @theiceman I did use the Autosol. I combined that with 000 steel wool. For the more difficult areas I found that a Dremel with brass brush worked the best. I even did some wet sanding with a variety of high grit 600-3000 just to see what would work best. The shape of the blades etc. make is a challenge to use electric tools in a lot of areas so a lot of hand work was necessary. Once I started to fit the fan back in I realized how bad the shroud now looked so I did a quicker job on the visible areas to dress up the whole thing. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by Klunker911
Thanks everyone. @theiceman I did use the Autosol. I combined that with 000 steel wool. For the more difficult areas I found that a Dremel with brass brush worked the best. I even did some wet sanding with a variety of high grit 600-3000 just to see what would work best. The shape of the blades etc. make is a challenge to use electric tools in a lot of areas so a lot of hand work was necessary. Once I started to fit the fan back in I realized how bad the shroud now looked so I did a quicker job on the visible areas to dress up the whole thing. Thanks for the advice.
yup that's EXACTLY how i did it , brass brush on the Dremel , steel wool and Autosol.. nice results ..

Quick Reply: Bringing back oxidized fan on a 87 911