Targa vs Coupe quarter fixed glass

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 02:59 AM
Doolie
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Targa vs Coupe quarter fixed glass

Hi

The previous owner of my car probably couldn't get a replacement quarter vent window o he replaced it with a piece of poly carbonate. Which has now got a nice little crack in it and is not the green tint of the remainder of the glass in the car.

This was really irking me, to the point where I purchased what i though was the "correct glass" from ebay (cant blame the seller really)...... so the glass arrived and its the wrong shape...

i have really searched the web but havent found pictures of the windows side by side.

Would anyone have a side by side pic perhaps.\

Thanks..
Old 11-29-2022, 10:59 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

so do you have a coupe or a targa ? why not post a pic of your window and what you received side by side ? it may be easier for people to help you .
Old 12-02-2022, 01:17 AM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 200 Likes on 158 Posts

Not only are Targa and coupe different, there are also different pieces of glass for the movable vent windows. So four different options. And I think 1969 and earlier is different still.

Lots of info here on the early cars, including a comparison of Targa and coupe vent windows: https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...nt-Wings/page2

Mark
Old 12-10-2022, 02:11 AM
Doolie
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I have an 86 Targa.

I haven't removed the glass yet as I wanted to disassemble and reassemble in the same day as it really seems to be a PITA to do...wanted to replace the door lock mechanism while the door guts are out....

I have spoken to the seller and he is sending me replacement glass.... I am in South Africa, so postage takes forever and a day....so cant remove the window and wait for a day or 2 for the parcel to arrive...

will take pics and post once I start the job...

Quick Reply: Targa vs Coupe quarter fixed glass