Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My stolen Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 11:39 AM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

With all due respect, this is not a valuable car, and as Iceman pointed out, not the sort of car that these days is stolen to be chopped or shipped overseas. I suspect there is more to this story.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:45 PM
Tarek9xx
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by raspritz
With all due respect, this is not a valuable car, and as Iceman pointed out, not the sort of car that these days is stolen to be chopped or shipped overseas. I suspect there is more to this story.
Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Market price is what it is. But still a few thousand dollars more than a Honda Civic. Yes there is more to the story. 2 additional 3.0 SC engines and 2 G50 transmissions were also taken.

I am certainly persuaded and hoping to be right that it's not targeted by those who want to chop it or ship it overseas. They can get the real (more valuable) ones and make their effort worth the boat ride. I'm hoping some dreamers decided to steal a cool car, until they get caught, and that's giving me hope it can be recovered somewhat whole

Last edited by Tarek9xx; 10-18-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Tarek9xx
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
its sad ,but the reality is police have bigger fish to fry. The normal reaction from police is go call your insurance company. If you don't have insurance well , that's on you. The really frustrating part is criminals know this and unless its part of a bigger organized crime theft, it wont get much attention from anyone.
It's already clear this is not on the list of top 10 stolen and chopped/exported cars. Not even top 100. I'm hoping in this case that the police act on the strong tips we have and that they see this as a pretty easy case to crack.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Angie1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case you want to be more proactive, I had a look on Google for local PI's in the area south of airport, there are a lot, mostly of fancy "catch yer wife cheetin" types of Florida PI and a few "very well dressed and expensive still at law school" types.... but for this task I think this could be the guy (below) to ask around and try and get your car back, there is not much to go on in regards to reviews and website, but... from the big fingers typing mistake in the listing title and Google maps picture of (most likely) the home and work address, complete with a shiny-clean pickup truck out front and neat front yard. I would say they look cheaper than most and probably a ground up investigator. I personally would gamble a few mins on a call and if that seems promising, spend a few hundred dollars and take the chance he can figure this out or get close. in this case I would spend something with a PI, as time is a ticking' and as at worse you should be able close the issue and you can move on...at best you will just get your car back, I would agree the fee and extras well in advance, bonus for a speedy result and however it works out be sure to pay up promptly, don't ever not pay a PI... you will loose more than your car.

If they get your car back, let us know. I bet the story will be good.

*Also disclaimer: do not meet anyone you don't know and have not checked out, do not take my fiction for advice, it's just well meant nonsense.

From Google:

Jaguar Ibvestigation

Private investigator in St. Petersburg, FloridaAddress: 1360 Prescott St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712, United States
Phone: +1 727-822-8357

Last edited by Angie1; 10-19-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quick Reply: My stolen Porsche