Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seine systems v. Wevo gate shift

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:36 AM
kach22i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmintz said: Alternatively, you can replace the whole coupler: OEM $70, or WEVO/SEINE: $200

Just one more time, please.

The $150.00 "SEINE shift kit" comes with no bushings. However you can purchase for about $200.00 a "SEINE coupler" from Rennlist? Total cost $350.00?

Or did you mean purchase $50.00 worth of bushings and couplers in addition to the $150.00 SEINE shift kit for a total of $200.00?
Old 04-09-2004, 03:22 PM
BGCarrera32
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the 915 transmission anyway here goes...

There is the Seine Systems gate shift kit for about $150.

Then, there is 1) the ball cup bushing at the bottom of the shift lever, 2) a round bushing at the front of the shift shaft behind and below the shifter in the shift tunnel that the shift shaft rides through, and 3) the two shift coupler bushings at the back of the shift shaft, where it connects to the transmission. To replace all 4 of those bushings you should be able to get them for about $50 or less. You will find that the sloppiest ones that take the most abuse are the two inside the shift coupler at the back.

To resolve shifting problems, you first start with your coupler and shift lever adjustment (you'll read time and time again gripes about how there is no reverse lockout on a 915 transmission when in fact there is a spring loaded lockout tab right at the shifter housing), and make sure the bushings are good and everything is rotated and aligned correctly. If that is done engagment should improve, and you'll never nick reverse when attempting to shift from 5th to 4th.

Next thing to do is the other bushings and check how it shifts again. As a note, installing a gate shift kit or a short shift kit or a Wevo coupler, etc. will not improve gear engagment if there are internal problems. They only change the throw or the feel of the shift lever, and won't mask internal issues. None of the reputable companies like Wevo or Seine claim that either, I'm just saying don't expect these devices to be a cure all.

If everything is adjusted to what you think is the best it can be, and you've done your bushings, and it still binds or shifts on the difficult side, its either 1) the way it is because of its balk ring style design or 2) there are problems with the slider gears, synchro rings, dog teeth, brake bands and stop blocks. Have a professional mechanic who works on 911's all day drive it for an opinion...then decide if you want to open the box up or live with it. Plan on $800-900 at a minimum depending on what needs to be replaced, I've been there.

Good luck-
BG
Old 04-11-2004, 05:00 AM
kach22i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the information, all of you. I went back to the website, and sure enough under the blueprinting section its there.

http://www.seinesystems.com/ShiftHousBluPrint.htm

E.

Reassemble Shift Housing

Note:
Relube all friction points with moly lubricant or equivalent.

For best performance, don't forget to inspect and/or replace the following parts:

- Bearing bush

Part # 914 424 224 00

- Ball socket

Part # 911 424 139 00

- Shift coupler bushings

Part # 695 424 223 00,
(need 2)

Quick Reply: Seine systems v. Wevo gate shift