Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuse 4 Question 911SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 05:37 PM
gourmetdds
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fuse 4 Question 911SC

1983 911SC .....I remove the no. 4 fuse when the frunk is open for long periods, just to avoid a bat. drain. I went to drive, not remembering to replace the fuse. The car would start but failed to
keep running. I remembered to replace and the car ran perfectly. The electrical flow diagram, as far as I can tell, does not show a connection to any ignition or other part but lighting. Anyone know of why this would occur. Thanks
Old 06-08-2021, 10:46 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 194 Likes on 153 Posts

What size fuse that should be? Probably 5 amps or 8 amps? Is that what is actually in there? Just thinking that over the years a PO may have messed around with the wiring, so you may have something connected there that shouldn't be. If the size of the fuse is larger than it's supposed to be, that would be a clue.

Mark
Old 06-09-2021, 11:15 AM
gourmetdds
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuse is 8 amp. No signs of modifications. Both wires on fused side of no. 4 fuse block enter a large bundle of wires. The cover was examined closely to find the answer to my question. Note the imprint OXS in a different font and all caps. A late addition to the cover, probably just for the SC and later. Could not find it on any wiring flow diagram.
Thanks for your input! I later checked the fused side to the oxygen sensor. That wire is connected to the sensor. Answered. make sure to have your extra 8 amp in the glove box as this is one fuse you will not be driving without
The following users liked this post:
Mark Salvetti (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

yeah thought it might be that as it doesnt do it on my 78, only later SCs had oxygen sensor and computer, so figured you might be checking early SC wiring diag. . didn't have time to check it ... good work though .

Quick Reply: Fuse 4 Question 911SC