Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

price check on 83sc euro

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 10:45 PM
FILO
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked to see the records on this car on sunday. Basically, there wasn't much there. I have more records on my Jet ski...

Seems a little strange for a Porsche mechanic not to have records,or have gotten them from the owner before him...

So no proof of rebuilds, just little stuff, and tires...

The owner told me the passenger door is sagging,(due to wear). If so wouldnt drivers door be the one to wear out first?? (red flag)
I looked at the door and the hinge pin is bent, and doesnt go all the way in.
So something has happened to the door. I straight out asked him if car has been in a accident. He says no. But the way he said it I could tell he was b.s. me. I was going to offer him 10k if car passes PPI, and he comes up with those missing records.. If not i will walk

VIN # WPOZZZ91ZDS152232

Thanks everyone for the advise. (I will ask about the side markers, and valance.)
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the VIN was taken from the A piller, it's a Euro model. If the VIN was taken from the area around the smugglers box in the front boot, who knows what it is....

Don't walk, RUN away from this car. Don't even offer $10,000 for it. Don't offer anything for this car. There are plenty more cars out there to choose from. The guy is lying to you right off the bat about accident damage (which we can all see from one picture on the internet). Too many stories, too many issues. Too much stuff to go wrong with it when it's in your driveway. RUN from this car. It's appearant that you are already questioning this car in your mind.

Trust us. Be patient and look for another car. These cars are expensive to get right when they've been abused.

Jay
90 964
Old 04-03-2004, 12:52 AM
FILO
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, You are absoultly right. I have been questioning this car so much I got a flipin headache. I have pretty much decided to bail out on this one. The car has as many issues as my X girlfriend. (dont miss her or the payments). on to the next one. thanks jay
Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by FILO
Jay, You are absoultly right. I have been questioning this car so much I got a flipin headache. I have pretty much decided to bail out on this one. The car has as many issues as my X girlfriend. (dont miss her or the payments). on to the next one. thanks jay
FILO: That's good news about passing on the car. Buying a Porsche should be fun, not painful. Good luck with your continued search!

Jay
90 964

Quick Reply: price check on 83sc euro