PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 07:35 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM

PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM

Hey guys, I noticed that these guys are a popular source for replacement seat skins for Porsches, so I thought I'd share my recent experience.

After corresponding with LSeat mid-summer, they indicated that they did not have a pattern for an NB1 (99-00) Miata but would give me 50% off if I shipped them my covers. They promised a turnaround of 3-4 weeks.

I removed and shipped my original leather covers to them in mid-July, they arrived at their PO Box on July 29. After an exchange to finalize what I wanted on August 2, I waited patiently for an email to arrange for payment. When I didn't get one I followed up on August 21, and they responded saying "we are still working on it, we will let you know once we get it done".

That's the last I heard from them, they have not responded to emails sent on September 20, 22 and again today October 4.

I am now stuck with a Miata with no seat skins, and out about CA$50 in shipping costs. If there is a change in this and they come through I will update, but at this time I have no alternative but to believe that I've been defrauded.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Uwon
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Bummer!
i see they deal through Amazon and EBay. Use another email and inquire through them if they can do seats for the Miata. If no réponse, you can at least do allot of sh**ting.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:15 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Telphone:+1(978)712-9666
Old 10-05-2020, 02:42 PM
orange260z
Instructor

Originally Posted by creaturecat
Telphone:+1(978)712-9666
Yep, tried a bunch of times - no one answers (Google phone) and no one returns messages. Thanks anyway...

I received a response today to my email from yesterday...."We are still working on it. We will let you know once we get it done. " This was exactly the same message provided in the last response on August 21.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:48 PM
orange260z
Instructor

UPDATE:

After resignation that my original seat skins were gone and the new ones weren't coming, I received an email in early November with a photo of a seat skin that appeared to be my order. After many emails with obtuse responses, I finally decided to take a risk and sent payment for the seat covers in late January. In my order I again reminded them that they were to return my original seat covers as promised.

I paid in full on January 24.
On Jan 26 I was told it would ship "this week". Keep in mind my covers have already been made and only need to be shipped.
On Feb 3 (a week later) it was still showing as "awaiting fulfillment" and I had not received a shipping notice. I sent an email and was sent a UPS tracking number in response.
On Feb 7 UPS still had not received the package, so sent a follow-up email to which the response was "it has been picked up last week" and that the tracking info would update shortly.
On Feb 9 UPS still showed that they had not received the package, so I asked the seller to create a trace with UPS - he said "we will contact UPS"
On Feb 11 UPS still showed the same, and the seller said "tracking info will be updated tomorrow".
On Feb 12 I called UPS, and they confirmed that they have not picked up the package nor do they have any record of it being dropped off. They also confirmed that the seller had not completed any online customs declaration, nor had the seller made any inquiries or initiated any traces on the package. As far as UPS was concerned, all he had done was created a shipment online to generate a tracking number. When I emailed the seller with this, he said "sorry about the delay, please be patient the tracking info will be updated finally" without addressing any of the details.
On Feb 14 UPS still showed the same, and the seller told me to check again the next day.
On Feb 15, with no change on the UPS site, I suggested I would file a claim with my credit card. The seller responded that he would request a delivery intercept if I did this; I suggested that an intercept would at least locate this package that UPS says they don't have, so to please do this.
On Feb 22, UPS showed that the seller dropped off the package THAT DAY. The package started moving, but the next day it arrived in Hodgkins IL and stalled there.
On Mar 2, I called UPS and they advised that the commercial invoice was illegible.
On Mar 5, UPS advised that the package was returned to the sender due to the paperwork. The seller assured me he would reship it "tomorrow"
On Mar 12, not having received any new shipment notice or tracking, I emailed the seller. He said he will reship "next week".
On Mar 16, after no news, I followed up again to receive the response "we will send the tracking number to you tonight"
On Mar 17, a new tracking number was created, and the next day it was received by UPS.
On Mar 24, 8 months after sending my seat covers out and two months after payment in full, I received my new seat covers. However, my original seat covers were not in the package.
Since that time, a number of emails requesting the return of my original seat skins have gone unanswered, as well as emails about the colour of the new covers.

The new covers?
Surprisingly, they are quite good. Although not factory-perfect, they seem quite well-made and have fit well on the original foams. Despite this being my first attempt at upholstery, the driver's seat is close to perfect in terms of wrinkles, and the ones on the passenger seat are minor, acceptable, and potentially could have been avoided if I was more skilled.
Unfortunately, the colour is NOTHING like the representation on the website. After receiving my original covers, the seller confirmed that "beige" was the best choice, and based on the website I agreed... but in reality the "beige" is more like the website representation of "Bisque", which is a lighter more grey-beige than a brown-beige. This is obvious from their page for my car, as the picture used is of my seat covers.NB Miata Seat Cover

At the end of the day, the most important thing for vendors, particularly online, is to deal with their customers with honesty and transparency. If theyhad told me that it would take 4 months to make the pattern and prepare my covers, I would have been fine... but they said it would take 3-4 weeks. If there were delays in shipping, I could tolerate that... but not when they told me they shipped when they really didn't. And now they won't respond to colour concerns or return the original covers that they had committed to returning. As such, I cannot recommend dealing with Lseat.com.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:51 AM
veduta
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Ugh, that's a terrible story. What a disappointment. I have been eyeing some replacement covers for my SC from L-seats and your story gives me pause. I have read more than one similar account about L-Seats from others who have shipped their existing covers to them for templating or color match. I am hoping that ordering one of their pre-fabricated stock sets will be easier. I have my eye on the black bolster/hounds tooth insert for the front seats and they are so reasonably priced I may have to take a chance. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:17 AM
orange260z
Instructor

My covers had been completed since November, paid for in full in January but I did not receive them until March. And all the lies about shipping and UPS were just trash. The physical product is good, the price is good, but we shouldn't give someone like L-seat our business.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:50 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by orange260z
My covers had been completed since November, paid for in full in January but I did not receive them until March. And all the lies about shipping and UPS were just trash. The physical product is good, the price is good, but we shouldn't give someone like L-seat our business.
Well, since Classic 9 closed up, they're pretty much the only option if you want to reskin your seats.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:58 PM
76FJ55
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford
Well, since Classic 9 closed up, they're pretty much the only option if you want to reskin your seats.
That's unfortunate. I was not aware that Classic 9 had gone offline. I hope they can manage to get back in operation again. A few years ago, I had them recover my factory leather dash, make now door panel and seat covers with Pasha inserts as well as a Pasha sunroof panel. I know Rob Budd (the original owner) sold Classic 9 a few years ago, so it is under new management, but as I understood it the labor force should have remained in place. Not sure how that was effected after the new management stepped in though.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:47 PM
pmax
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BBB's not flattering ...
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/pr...-0915-90043082
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/houston/pr...omer-reviews#0

Old 05-25-2021, 10:29 AM
chainlink71
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid Lseat!

Incredibly disappointed in their customer service. Prior to ordering my seat covers, I asked for a swatch/sample of their leather color choices. I selected the color that was very close to my oem seats and ordered the covers. I paid for a custom logo and asked them to contact me before they manufactured the seats so I could give them the location, size, and color of the logo. They never contacted me even after I called and left a couple of voice mails. The covers arrived in several weeks with the logo on the headrest (not my preference), and more importantly, in the wrong color! I had ordered a medium gray and the seats they sent me were in a light gray (that exactly matched the light grey on the color sample). I submitted a return request and the customer service agent I dealt with (via email only) was very short in their communication and was adamant they sent me the medium grey seat covers (they call it Dove Gray). I sent them pictures of my current seats next to the color sample and the new seat covers next to the color sample, and the new seat covers next to the current seats...the differences in color were blatantly obvious. The agent continued to deny they made a mistake. To top it all off they are charging me 20% to restock the wrong seat covers they sent me plus $29 extra shipping. I will never order anything from lseat again and I'm going to do my very best to make sure everyone knows the kind of business this is.

Quick Reply: PSA - WARNING - LSEAT.COM