Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

targa chassis braces

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:06 AM
huntermusic
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question targa chassis braces

I have a 1975 911S Targa backdated to 73RS specs. I have just found a listing for
"Targa Chassis Braces" that connect the seatbelt anchor bolts with adjustable struts. The claim is increased stiffening and less chassis flex. If they work it would be a good thing. Does anyone have any experience with these braces? Have you seen any articles, etc.? My mechanic has opined that without a horizontal bar connecting the two braces laterally that the improvement would not be significant. Any help is most appreciated.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

There was quite a bit of talk about that a while ago, the jury seems to be out on it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=102518

Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
huntermusic
8th Gear

thanks so much for the information. I am inclined to go ahead with it; it is realtively cheap and it can only help. Each time I have done work to the suspension or body
(monoball suspension, solid motor mounts, Charlie Bars, etc.) there is always an incremental improvement. The only real way to "feel" the difference is to live with them for a while and then remove them. I recently drove a completely dead stock 1988 Carrera in excellent condition and thinking "Oh my God, what an evil handling car!"
Old 03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
sandor
Addict
Rennlist Member

i have actually been looking at the same things/wondering the same things. i suppose any brace would add some kind of increased rigidity, though the question is a costerformance one.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by huntermusic
thanks so much for the information. I am inclined to go ahead with it; it is realtively cheap and it can only help. Each time I have done work to the suspension or body
(monoball suspension, solid motor mounts, Charlie Bars, etc.) there is always an incremental improvement. The only real way to "feel" the difference is to live with them for a while and then remove them. I recently drove a completely dead stock 1988 Carrera in excellent condition and thinking "Oh my God, what an evil handling car!"
I have been thinking about picking them up also, guess I ma just waiting for a good 20% off sale to get me going
Old 03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey, To drag this old thread up again, I bought a set just to see if they do anything. As soon as I get them and mount them up I will report back.
Pelican had the best price.
I also want to look into covering them with leather. (yeah, I am a geek)

Quick Reply: targa chassis braces