Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Change in altitude adjustments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 11:10 AM
lufetarg
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change in altitude adjustments?

I am the proud new, first time Porsche owner of a 1987 Venetian Blue Targa. I am having a blast with it! I purchased that car in Southern California and drove it back to Denver, Colorado where I live. What a great "get to know your car" road trip!

Situation: I feel a noticable difference in the throttle response between sea level and 5,200+ feet. I would assume that it is running much richer in Denver than in So. Cal.

Question: Are there any adjustments that I should/could make to increase performance at this altitude. If so, could a "weekend mechanic" like myself perform these adjustments? Where would I find detailed instructions?

I am absolutely elated to be a 911 owner and in the company of all of you. This is a great forum and community.

Brad
Old 03-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Brad,
Welcome to the board. The Porsche is truly a wonderful car and I'll bet you really establish a relationship between your family and what the Porsche can do. As to your question, I would take the car to a reputable P shop locally and have them do any adjustment necessary. There is an altitude adjustment on the car, but I haven't a clue as to how it works.

Porsche-there is no substitute.

Larry
Old 03-13-2004, 04:44 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think there is an automatic altitude compensator on the motronic system, but somebody should know for sure. I saw it on a wiring diagram

Quick Reply: Change in altitude adjustments?