G50 Wevo Shifter rubbing on console

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 08:05 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G50 Wevo Shifter rubbing on console

Hi all -

Just installed a Wevo shifter on my '87. It's very nice and a huge upgrade since my sifter was super sloppy.

In any case, I reinstalled the console and the sifter now hits/rubs against the black plastic console housing when shifting into 1st, 3rd and a tad in 5th. Do I just need to slightly adjust the sifter base to the rear? The mechanism also touches the ebrake handle when sifting down into 4th so I'm afraid adjusting to the rear will cause a bigger issue in 4th.

Ideas?

thanks!

Jim
Old 06-09-2020, 03:20 PM
abokor
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

I installed the classic Wevo shifter on my '89 and I had the same issue for a few weeks after the install. I somehow managed to slightly adjust the console housing (pushed it towards the front of the car 1/8") to eliminate it. There was some give when you pressed against the console housing. Initially we contemplated cutting a slight notch where the shifter met the console, but so far the nudge of the console has held and I don't have any rubbing anymore in 1, 3 or 5.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:53 PM
gdp_samson
Intermediate

Hi, can you post a picture of how it looks like ?
Old 06-10-2020, 03:54 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abokor
I installed the classic Wevo shifter on my '89 and I had the same issue for a few weeks after the install. I somehow managed to slightly adjust the console housing (pushed it towards the front of the car 1/8") to eliminate it. There was some give when you pressed against the console housing. Initially we contemplated cutting a slight notch where the shifter met the console, but so far the nudge of the console has held and I don't have any rubbing anymore in 1, 3 or 5.
Thanks for your response. I was able to adjust (ever so slightly) the housing so that it now barely touches the black of the console when sifting into 3rd. Did you re-install your shifter boot/cover? I wanted to but it rubs way too much with it installed. So I'll clean up where the carpet meets the housing under the console and just leave the boot off.

thanks,

Jim
Old 06-10-2020, 06:08 PM
abokor
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

I somehow managed to get the boot housing and the console to work - so it looks like stock - but the benefits of the shifter are underneath. It takes some work - but I can confirm it can all fit without interfering with anything.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:58 PM
jclanin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abokor
I somehow managed to get the boot housing and the console to work - so it looks like stock - but the benefits of the shifter are underneath. It takes some work - but I can confirm it can all fit without interfering with anything.
Thanks so much. I'll keep working with it. I think I just need to figure out how I can nudge the console forward just a bit. That would do the trick.

Jim
Old 08-06-2022, 01:23 AM
auchenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Anyone else having problems with their WEVO Classic shifter? I can't get it to fit under the console.

Quick Reply: G50 Wevo Shifter rubbing on console