Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Update on Engine/Fraud situation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 09:58 PM
R. Santore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Update on Engine/Fraud situation

As some of you may be aware, i bought a motor from a Jim Bird out of El Dorado Hills CA back in november and had seen nothing ever since he cashed my check back on the 19th of Nov. I just wanted to update everyone on the latest findings. his real name is indeed Jim Bird, The El Dorado County DA is in contact with him and found him rather quickly after i had called them to let them know of the fraud.. Jim's response to the D.A. was "i am aware he has been emailing me and i acknowledge that i have not emailed him back" and also "i believe the motor was shipped by my assistant but i have not followed up on it"... seems to be implying that i'm making trouble for him. I cant believe this guy, but the good news is he is running out of time FAST to produce a motor, shipping number, or something.. I wanted to thank all of you who helped or offered help out in the Sacramento area or anywhere, looks like we may not need to pay a trip to his house after all thanks again for all your help and ill let you all know how it finally ends, whether i get my $6300 back or an engine(probably a dead motor anyway haha)
Regards,
Rob Santore
Old 01-16-2002, 04:10 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 184 Posts
Rob~
Good to hear you are making headway with the
engine deal.

What is a scmustang46 ? Are those your cars? If so 95 of 528 what ?
Thanks,

-Chris
82 911sc
just turned 40,000
Old 01-16-2002, 04:16 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ron,

Sounds like the D.A. is willing to take some action on your behalf, that's good.

If you can, try to just get the money back, then you can deal with a reputable shop to get yourself a real engine.

Richard
'87 Carrera 3.6L
Old 01-16-2002, 04:17 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Woops, I meant "Rob". Sorry.

Richard
Old 01-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Hey, George @ EuroSport has a 3.6 for a little over $5k if you still need an engine.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:34 PM
Mike_A
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
more of us should use this forum to expose the frauds...anyone trying to make money off of enthusiasts should know that the internet has made it a very small world....i wish this was around about 10 years ago
Old 01-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

At the same time, one should be very judicious when reporting 'frauds' - it's way too easy to make a big unsubstantiated mess, which may make it even harder to resolve your problem. "Exposing" a vendor/seller on the 'net should be your second-to-last resort. The last is cement shoes.

Originally posted by Mike_A:
<STRONG>more of us should use this forum to expose the frauds...anyone trying to make money off of enthusiasts should know that the internet has made it a very small world....i wish this was around about 10 years ago</STRONG>
Old 01-19-2002, 11:59 AM
87slant-nose-cabriolet
Instructor

thom,
did you get your alignment problem solved
yet and how did you do it? did you recieve the bumpers yet.
rob why don,t you give me a call sometime
since we are in the same city. i was just elected to the office of treasuer for our local Porsche club and I,m looking for new members! 733-8511
keith

Quick Reply: Update on Engine/Fraud situation