Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Monty muffler source?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004 | 09:45 AM
RSAmerica1
Advanced

Default Monty muffler source?

I've heard a lot about the Monty mufflers being a good choice for 3.2 Carrera's, but cannot find any source for buying these things. Can anyone suggest a place that carries these? Also, what has been people's experience with these mufflers in terms of sound / performance / etc.?

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2004 | 12:34 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

It appears that AASE is the importer and distributor. Steve Weiner (on this board) is a terrific source. He recommends them and you can probably get one from him. AASE advertise in Excellence and Pano, I believe.
Old 02-19-2004 | 01:00 PM
jet911
Pro

Richard,
Who/what is AASE? What do the letters stand for? I've looked at both Panorama and Excellence and do not see an advertiser who uses the AASE acronym.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2004 | 01:21 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Hi Jim:

FWIW,....I usually have them in stock,...

(Aase Sales is the importer)
Old 02-19-2004 | 02:51 PM
RSAmerica1
Advanced

Thanks. Since I posted this morning, I also found AASE as a source for these mufflers. It seems that AASE is actually Aase (the guy's last name who owns the company).

http://www.aasesales.com/ind.html

Can anyone tell me how the sound/power compares to other popular brands (B&B, GHL, Dansk, etc.)?

Thanks again.
PC
Old 02-19-2004 | 04:19 PM
jet911
Pro

Thanks Steve!
Old 02-20-2004 | 06:04 PM
427grips
Advanced

Default I just bought and recieved my Monty Exhaust!

After shopping around for a long time, I decided to order a new exhaust for my 89 Carrera. I settled on the Monty after asking people on this very forum what they would recommend. Some folks in Germany even emailed me to tell me how much they liked their Monty. I had heard enough and was ready to buy!

I learned that Steve Weiner @ Rennsport Systems could also sell me the exhast setup at a very good price. I purchased it towards the end of last week and got it yesterday. I am very pleased with his service. If the weather here lets me, I just might be able to put it on this weekend. I'll let you all know how it sounds when I get it going.

Me??? I'm a customer, I have no business affiliation with Steve or his company. I also run a business and for the record, I would like to recognize his patience, knowledge, and customer service regarding Porsche hardware. He is an enthusiast like us. In fact, I kept asking him question after question and he just seemed like he had all the time in the world to answer them. Additionally, he is another valuable asset here on the forum and I recommend him highly.

RMS
Old 02-21-2004 | 09:22 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

I believe the AASE brothers used to race cars. They also had a salvage yard business for many years in Anaheim or Santa Ana, CA. I bought parts from them back in the early 70's when I had a 356 B. They also advertised in the Porsche Panorama for years.

Quick Reply: Monty muffler source?