Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Euro Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 AM
si Banker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Rear Bumper

My 1987 911 has the LARGE rear bumpers which I would like to change to the much smaller euro versions. The problem is I can't find any small ones. Any body got an idea where to look?

I would rather not change out the whole bumper to something in fiber glass.

Second question is regarding the rear bumper lower valance. It is made up of three parts, the two small end pieces and the larger center section. I have noticed that on Turbos that the larger center section is made with cut outs for two exhaust pipes. Could one of these "Turbo" center sections be used on a 1987 911 if I were to up grade my exhaust to one with two outlets?

I would rather not cut up the stock bumper valance.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:41 PM
texasgooner
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent idea. Have you looked at any sites in Europe?

I have to say the 911 Carrera and 944 were completely ruined by the addition of these bumpers in the US.

What is the point, they are truely hideous!

If you have any problems finding any, give me a shout.

Justin
Old 02-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I find the euro sized bumper pads on Ebay from time to time. Porsche did not want to put them on they had to put them on, Federal standards.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:30 PM
markwemple
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as I know, the only bumper differences were the '75 and later 911s used a larger rear bumper pad, which can be replaced by the '74 pad for a "Euro look" and the front bumper has only one light. There is a pad, similar in appearance to the center pad, to replace the outside lights. In europe they always had those small marker lights on the fenders. The actual bumpers are the same.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Mark Wilson
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Banker,
I have a new/unused set of Euro rear pads for sale. Email if you are interested.

On the valance, it's my understanding that the mounting hole pattern is different for a turbo unit. If you find a used SC/Carrera valance, it's very easy to make a second cutout. Took me about an hour.
Mark

Quick Reply: Euro Rear Bumper